Sunday, July 02, 2006
I'm so MAAAAAD!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cause DAMN! I almost got my ass kicked....for real. And it wasn't even my fault. Right now I'm just thanking GOD for large public places.

This is what happened:

I was walking into the local grocery store with Avery, when I passed a group of kids, who happened to be black. As they were walking by, they were talking loudly and calling each other "Niggers". Loudly. Well, what does my 25 pound parrot do? "NIGGER! NIGGER!". ohhhhhhh sshhhiitttt.......... yep. Got shoved. Right in the back. "You teachin' your kid some shit bitch?"

"Uhhhh... no- she heard YOU say it so leave me alone it's your own fault." of course, I was thinking of OTHER words to use in my response, but then again - I've got my repeater with me so I can't really say what I wanted to. So one of the girls shoved me again (thank god Avery was in a cart...) and that's when one of the baggers saw what was happening. He ran over and yelled to another guy to go get the manager. In the meantime, the group of dorks was trying to tell the bagger guy that I was calling them niggers. Which is soooo not true. I asked one of the store employees to take my baby in, and they did, and that's when I told off the kids... WITH the language that I really wanted to use in the first place. That seemed to take them aback because apparently they thought I was one of those meek little women that are scared to say "Boo". But then the louder girl got right in my face going "Whatev-AH Whatev-AH" and I HATE THAT.

"Whatev-AH? Can't think of something better to say??? And let me tell you something else, as long as you guys keep calling each other "Niggers" you absolutely CANNOT blame other people for continuing to use that word!!! "

Ugh. I'm so glad I told her that. But then she told me something stupid to the effect like " Bitch, we can call our asses Nigg-ahs because we CAN... YOU can't!" oh.my.God.... the reasoning is beyond me. "I DIDN'T CALL YOU THAT DUMBASS!!!" I yelled. And yeah - there was a crowd gathering. Kinda embarrassing when you live in a small town....

By now, the manager of the store came huffing out and told the group that he'd called the police, and grabbed my elbow to pull me inside. And that BITCH tried to pull my hair on our way inside!!! I turned around, to do what - I don't know, but apparently I turned fast enough that I got pulled away by the manager and he was saying "Save it for when the cops get here..." Shit. I didn't want to talk to the cops, because you know what? It's going to come out as "racially motivated" or something stupid like that and I don't want anyone jacking with my house or my kids, and that's probably what would happen. I didn't file a report. I was worried that one of that group would get a copy of it with my name & address on it.

BUT I'M SO MAD!! Pisses me off!! Right now, I'm sitting at my house, going "I should have said blah blah blah blah" or "I should've just kicked the snot outta her blah blah blah".. Don't you hate it when you think of all the good things to say or do AFTER the fact?? UGGGH!

And my toe still hurts because I was reading ya'lls comments back to me about seeing a podiatrist, so I decided to leave it alone. So now my toe hurts and I'm pissed. Now I gotta have a margarita ....
 
posted by Norman at 8:08 PM | Permalink |


10 Comments:


  • At Monday, July 03, 2006 3:44:00 AM, Blogger Greg

    Hey Norman sorry to hear you had to deal with the next generation of the American prison population. You know it is a shame that these ignorants can't be put in lock up sooner. I suggest getting a 9mm if it is allowed in your state. Look at it this way you are doing society a favor next time. ;)

    Have a Happy 4th of July

    Peace

     
  • At Monday, July 03, 2006 3:53:00 AM, Blogger RVVagabond

    Hey Norm; first, I'm glad you and the "parrot" are okay. Second, how frustrating to try to deal with those kids when their racist little minds are closed to anything you say. Thirdly (thirdly?) my best ripostes are after the fact, dammit.

    And sorry the toe is still a problem.

     
  • At Monday, July 03, 2006 5:29:00 AM, Blogger Nicki

    Unbelievable. Glad to hear you're okay. Don't kids say the darndest things? Just kidding. Somewhere along the way, someone should have kicked THEIR parents in the ass for letting THEM think it's okay to use the 'n' word. Grrrrr.

     
  • At Monday, July 03, 2006 8:40:00 AM, Blogger pack of 2

    how scary. It sounds like you got to say a lot of stuff though. I always think of things I would have said after the fact.

    I totally agree...don't use the n word if you don't want others using it...glad you are OK.

    Shelly

     
  • At Monday, July 03, 2006 10:36:00 AM, Blogger Michael

    I brought you another margarita.
    we can do shots if you want too.

    Take Care
    Michael

     
  • At Monday, July 03, 2006 12:15:00 PM, Blogger Dari

    I am sorry that you had to come with this experience specially with your young one, but hey be carefull, I always try to avoid them and for your information I had passed the same experience and the police stood against me and nearly went ot the court for that while it was all lies. Thank god you are OK

     
  • At Monday, July 03, 2006 1:01:00 PM, Blogger Stormieweather

    I ALWAYS think of the best things to say about an hour after it happened. Crap like what happened to you always seems to happen to me, it can totally ruin my week - so glad that you fought (with words at least) back.

     
  • At Monday, July 03, 2006 3:31:00 PM, Blogger Fabnormal

    OMG! OK, violence is never ok, but, dude, I would have loved to see you kick your shoes off while taking off your jewelry ready to kick some ass all Jerry Springer style!

     
  • At Monday, July 03, 2006 4:39:00 PM, Blogger Ace

    Glad you're OK. Sorry you couldn't kick some.

    Now might be the time to tell your wee one about how repeating EVERYTHING may not be the best policy. Or maybe about how hanging out in front of the grocery store is the first step toward a life of delinquency.

     
  • At Tuesday, July 04, 2006 8:44:00 AM, Blogger Stewie

    Wow. Just. Wow.

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com