Tuesday, July 04, 2006
Have a great one ya'll!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I've been thinking. My husband & I love to take vacations. We just got back from Disney, but we both discussed it and decided that we still need a vacation, since neither of us were very relaxed afterwards. What I'm talking about is a vacation from the KIDS, cause face it, we're outnumbered by them, and we need to go away every now and then and regroup. Now, we've already planned NEXT year's vacation. In May 2007 we are taking a 7 day Eastern Caribbean cruise. We are WAAAAAY excited about it, but we think that we need a mini-get-away. Soon. Our favorite vacation spot is Las Vegas, of course. And it's been about a year since we were there last. But we simply cannot afford to go jet-setting everytime we get the urge. Unless I get a second job, that is. So voila. I'm getting a second job.

Now, before you say "Norman, why doesn't your HUSBAND get the second job?" Listen up. We've got kids, and someone's got to stay home with them. My husband's only option for a second job would be computer consulting, and there's not that much call for that here in town because ALL of the computer geeks here consult at night, and this town is SATURATED there. I used to work two jobs before, and I did very well at it. The only reason I quit the second job was because I became pregnant with Ashton and could no longer haul around my kit like I did. What's this second job? A Pampered Chef consultant. I was able to sell at least $1000 per show, consistently. The best show I did was $1500. So I'm thinking I should start that back up and open an account for my show sales. My monthly commission checks would go into that account, and TA-DAAAA!! There's our vacation fund!! Being a consultant is very easy, and I get to pick and choose when I want to do a show. Also, it only involves about 2 hours (set up, show time, and cleanup) per demo, and that stuff sells itself! So I'm excited!!

Yaaaay!!! We get to go to Vegas now!! I just need to set up some shows, get my demo kit, and get going!

So - anyone out there want to do a CATALOG show? It's very easy for you, you get free stuff and a discount good for one year. All YOU gotta do is show a catalog and take the order & money. Who's willing??!!!

HELP ME FUND MY VEGAS TRIPS!!!!!!!!!!

 
posted by Norman at 8:00 AM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At Tuesday, July 04, 2006 10:53:00 AM, Blogger Tammy

    Good for you! I wish I had it in me to sell. I just don't. I hate people. :)

     
  • At Tuesday, July 04, 2006 11:26:00 AM, Blogger Norman

    so i guess you doing a catalog show would be out of the question? I can just see you now:

    "Order some shit from me BEEEYOTCH!"
    Yeah, that'd sell 'em!!! LOL

     
  • At Wednesday, July 05, 2006 10:31:00 AM, Blogger Dari

    Now this is very intresting
    First why not both of you come over here to Dubai, planty of sun and planty of shopping, ooops shopping needs money but never mind the city is full now of places that offer many discounts not like buy one get one free but how about buy one get seven free. In summer Dubai is close to be ghost town.
    Second, why not come and do a show here,looool

     
  • At Wednesday, July 05, 2006 3:18:00 PM, Blogger Spicy Cracker

    hmmm... sure why not... It might not be soon being I just did a Jewelry party show but hey... I'd get a few things

     
  • At Wednesday, July 05, 2006 5:10:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    Sure Dari!! You pay my husband's & my airfare, and I'll hop a flight and pop on over!!

    Spicy - WOW! I didn't expect anyone to say they would (do you notice all the cricket chirping with this post!!?? LOL), but if you're serious, I'll shoot you some catalogs. It wouldn't be till mid-August or so, since I've not actually committed to a contract with them yet. But - if you did do a catalog show, you'd get free stuff, so you wouldn't actually have to pay for the things you want.


    BTW - did ya'll notice I removed the letter verification thingie? I wanna see how long it'll be before the 'spammers' find me....

     
  • At Tuesday, July 11, 2006 8:34:00 PM, Blogger Nicki

    Jesus, woman. You sound like a Pampered Chef consultant, alright.

    I don't know about doing a catalog show, but if I see something I want, I'll let you know.

    And I'm the queen of wanting shit I'll use once every two years.

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com