Thursday, August 17, 2006
It just keeps getting better and better.
First, let me show you a couple of the pairs of shoes I got this last weekend. The first pair is a lovely little reddish wine colored shoes with a cute little buckle.

The second pair is plain ol' brown. The notable thing about the brown shoes - is that #1, they are USED, and #2, they only cost me $4.00. YEAH!! Now - in my defense, I soaked a couple of washrags in lysol, and slipped them in the shoes for a couple days.



I needed to kill some previous foot funk. I think they'll work. Sorta. See, rebellious me just COULDN'T conform to the heel heighth requirement. You'll note, in the third picture - that the shoe heels are each 3 inches high. I need this extra unallowable inch, simply because I have stumpy legs. This one little inch is the difference between looking like a saddlebag mama, and a long lean coltish model type chicka... (in my own mind... of course). I'm hoping I'll be able to sneak past the Gestapo, because my pants leg will be hiding the illegal heighths. Let's just pray that I don't slip and fall.



Speaking of slipping and falling... it seems that ANOTHER person has fallen at my work. Now, the rumer mill has been churning, and I've been able to run this rumer to the ground, and we're pretty sure it's TRUE. Since our cute shoes have been taken from us, it seems that management has to find something else to do to try to make our workplace safer.

Ya'll ready for this?

Our medical staff is compiling a list of all overweight personnel. Because they have a history of being the ones that fall most often. Once they have compiled this list of heavyweights, those persons will be notified that they have 90 DAYS to LOSE THE WEIGHT. Otherwise, they will be labeled "medically unfit to perform their jobs", and then they will be terminated.

I do believe an uprising is in order. There is no way!! No way that this can be legal!! Can they do this? I swear, it is just getting so freaking ridiculous out there. I would love to quit, and find a job closer to home - but I wouldn't be able to make what I'm making there. Besides, I don't need to worry so much about myself on the weight thing. (I'm not fat - but my BUTT is... )
 
posted by Norman at 6:17 PM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At Thursday, August 17, 2006 9:18:00 PM, Blogger Spicy Cracker

    oh my GOD! Well if you are in a "right to work/no fault state" then yes it is legel. One man gave his employees 1 year to quit smoking and fired anyone who didn't quit. It's not right, how can they say the heavy people are the only one's that fall? What about the people that decide to wear 6 inch heels or what if the men have slippery wing tips? This shit pisses me off to no end. I am getting to the point that Corporate America can kiss my ASS. Nice shoes by the way. Have a good one.

     
  • At Friday, August 18, 2006 6:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    It certianly doesn't seem right to me...my God, you should see what I had to go thru to get rid of an employee who has horrid attendance, doesn't do the job I need him to do.......and runs around screaming harrassment anytime I DO discipline him. They had me doing everything but jumping thru firey hoops........nekkid!!!!

     
  • At Friday, August 18, 2006 8:30:00 AM, Blogger Wide Lawns

    NO! That is so mean. I cant even believe that is legal. Isn't that discrimination? And what if someone is obsese? It takes longer than 90 days to get skinny, trust me. Ive been trying to lose 10 lbs for 6 years! This is the meanest workplace story I have ever heard. Where in the hell do you work?

     
  • At Friday, August 18, 2006 10:56:00 AM, Blogger Nicki

    That's discrimination, plain and simple. They're firing someone because they're fat. That's like saying, "We don't want you working here if you have grey hair. You have 1 week to dye your hair an approved color, or you're fired."

    It doesn't matter if they're a right to work/no fault state. You're firing someone because they're fat. You wouldn't fire them if they were thin. Weight has nothing to do with ability to do your job unless you're a trapeze artist. Then you'd just be fun to watch.

    That isn't going to fly, and if they try and do that, they're only opening themselves up to a world of lawsuits. Which they'll lose, and rightfully so.

     
  • At Friday, August 18, 2006 1:25:00 PM, Blogger jules

    No effin way is that legal. I'd love to be on the opposing attorney's side on that one.

     
  • At Friday, August 18, 2006 4:57:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    Spicy Cracker - I'm with ya on the ass kissing thing!

    BitchyChick - next thing you know you WILL be jumping nekkid thru fire hoops. Bring a video camera!

    Wide Lawns - it IS mean and i DO think it is discriminatory!! This place has lawsuits out the wazoo (and I'm a witness on one of them), so it's kinda scary to kick up too much fuss...

    FM - Yeah - but their loophole is that you must be medically fit to work... did I ever tell you where i worked when we met???

    jules - it's times like this that I wished I was a lawyer!!!

    Michelle - nope. not making it up!! it's true! but remember - so far this overweight thing is a rumor. but a pretty-much confirmed one tho.

     
  • At Friday, August 18, 2006 6:56:00 PM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography

    Wow there has to be something illegal about that. That is discrimination saying that because one is overweight they are more prone to fall. Give me a break and making people lose weight in 90 days is ridiculous, I dont think anyone is overweight becuase they want to be!

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com