Friday, August 11, 2006
Whattaday
Oh man oh man oh man.

Remember yesterday when I told you we all had to get new shoes? They were really dead dog serious about the shoe thing!!

When I got to work this morning - they had the frickin' SHOE GESTAPO out in the parking lots with rulers (to measure the heel heighth)!!!

Oh...my...God.... Unfreakingbelievable.

The Shoe Nazis. At my work. Telling me that my tweety bird slippers were UNACCEPTABLE! I got carded by the Shoe Nazis!! I received a nifty little card that said:

REMINDER
YOU HAVE BEEN OBSERVED WEARING INAPPROPRIATE FOOTWEAR. YOU ARE SUBJECT TO DISCIPLINARY ACTIONS IF THIS BEHAVIOR CONTINUES. WE ARE A SAFETY CONSCIOUS COMPANY. BE SAFE. WEAR THE CORRECT FOOTWEAR.

Or some bullshit to that effect. I'll have to remember to bring my card home and scan it in just so's ya'll will know I'm not lying.

The flunkies that were conducting this shakedown? Well - they weren't really flunkies - these are the guys that pull in about $200,000/yr. What kind of crap is that? You'd think they'd have something better to do than police the parking lot for illicit shoewear. But that's what they were doing. They had on little flourescent vests so that we'd see them. And they would CHASE US DOWN to measure our heels.

I brought my boot shoes with me just in case I got in trouble for the slippers (which I did). And did you know I got in trouble for my boot shoes too????? Apparently, the heel heighth on my boot shoes was 2 1/4". Approx. 1/4" TOO HIGH for the regulations.

So then I got a second card.

wahwahwah.

Ok. I'll get off my shoe gripe now... but I will put up my weekend poll tomorrow. Remember, the point of the weekend poll is for participation! I want to prove to myself that people actually DO read my blog on the weekends. The poll is my courtesy to YOU, so that you don't have to comment if you don't want to, but you are still *participating* by clicking on the little poll-o-meter. That way, I'M happy because you voted and I can see that people do read me on the weekend, and YOU'RE happy, because it's just one little click - you don't have to type anything, and because you'll have the knowledge that a simple little click threw me into all kinds of egotistical ecstacy.

Thanks! Poll will be up and ready for voting tomorrow... Oh - and each of the pictures will be clickable so that you can see the people *in action*... (How can you vote for Dr. Frank-N-Furter if you've never seen one of his videos??)

Norman!
 
posted by Norman at 7:41 PM | Permalink |


8 Comments:


  • At Saturday, August 12, 2006 8:13:00 AM, Blogger Spicy Cracker

    You know what this tells me ... those people making 200,000 a year are running out of things to do and created this as job security. Makes me wonder if higher ups are coming down on them. Signs like this are telling someone/someones are getting pushed out!

     
  • At Saturday, August 12, 2006 10:55:00 AM, Blogger Norman

    Snooze - yeah!! you come to work with me on Monday... mmmm'kay?

    Spicy Cracker - nah... they just don't have much to do.

     
  • At Saturday, August 12, 2006 11:04:00 AM, Blogger Michael Colvin

    Err. Any chance of a photo of you in your tweetie bird slippers? Not all of you mind, just the feet!

    Phwaaar...!

    Mwuhahah!

     
  • At Saturday, August 12, 2006 11:56:00 AM, Blogger mckay

    this is nuts. you need to take photos of the female executives and HR ladies and make sure they're following this asinine rule. and while you're looking at their god-awful shoes ask them where they got them, as such old lady shoes must be hard to find.

    where in the heck do you work???

     
  • At Saturday, August 12, 2006 12:53:00 PM, Blogger RVVagabond

    Not only do you go to work in Tweetie Bird slippers but you bring illegal backup shoes. You da man!

     
  • At Saturday, August 12, 2006 3:41:00 PM, Blogger Heather Jane

    Err Norm... in case I missed it already somewhere in a past post, where do you work? Or rather, WHAT DO YOU DO that it is imperative they measure the height of your shoes each morning?

    I think you need to borrow some platforms from Frank. N Furter and show the dictatorship who's boss and who is bending over for whom, besides Mr. Furter, that is.
    ahem*.

     
  • At Sunday, August 13, 2006 11:59:00 AM, Blogger Norman

    Todemesne - Nope!! My hubby hates it when I post pics of me. He thinks I'm trying to post my pic to find a new man... (silly - ain't he?)

    McKay - The HR ladies and female execs were part of the board that decided to banish the cute shoes!! They should be stripped of their "woman" title's. huh?

    Linda - YEAH!! I da MAN!! I bought 3 pair of shoes this weekend, all with 2 1/2" heels!! I'm a REBEL!

    Calamity - ooooo... platform shoes are FORBIDDEN!! They specifically say no platform shoes. Seriously - I'll have to scan the new policy for you guys.

     
  • At Monday, August 14, 2006 12:43:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    What a very strange company you work for.... Shouldn't these execs be cooking the books Enron style instead of checking ladies shoes in the car park.

    The only true explanation I can offer is that they have a collective foot fetish. Can you not all join together and claim it is against your human rights to discriminate against high heals?

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com