Monday, September 18, 2006
A little bit of a quiz for you
My son Ethan, the one who named me NORMAN, almost stumped me yesterday. We were driving in the car, and he was chattering about his new school. He's very excited about the new school. Especially since they read stories!! And he's COMPLETELY infatuated with a new character in one of these stories: Outtie Doo-Doo!

Me: "Who?"

Ethan: "Outtie Doo-Doo!!"

Me: "Who's Outtie Doo-Doo?"

Ethan: "He's in the book the teacher is reading!! Outtie Doo-Doo!! Max's dad gave him an Outtie Doo-Doo and Max brought it to school. I want an Outtie Doo-Doo too, and my birthday is coming!! Mommy, will you get me Outtie Doo-Doo for my birthday?"

Me: (trying to figure this out, cause for the life of me - Outtie Doo-Doo sounds like a children's suppository) "Uhhhh... what does Outtie Doo-Doo DO??

Ethan: "You know!! He goes BEEP BEEP BOOP BOOP!! Can I have one!!?"

And you gotta know. He's sooooooo excited about Outtie Doo-Doo. His little face is just lit up while talking about Outtie Doo-Doo that I just HAVE to try to get him one. Whatever it is.

And then it hit me to ask him the name of the book. Which he told me, and THEN I figured out who Outtie Doo-Doo is.

But just for fun, can YOU figure it out?? I'll tell you tomorrow (but only if you leave me your best guess that is.... yeah - that's another "Famous Shameless Norman's Plea for blog participation!!)

So - leave your guesses in the comments section!! I'll have the answer for you tomorrow!

Oh - and OBVIOUSLY Vanilla Ice won the weekend poll... 30 votes to 4 that people would rather admit to listening to him versus the dreaded K-Fed!! So the poll is OFFICIALLY closed until next weekend - with a new contender, and a new question!! Get your voting finger ready!

***EDIT***

SIGH My husband has informed me that I have MISSPELT "Outtie Doo-Doo". The correct phoenetic pronunciation he says should be "AHttie Doo-Doo". Well excuse me. (Rolling my eyes) I heard OUTTIE DOO-DOO. I would ask Ethan for a clarification on his little "Ethanism", but he's still asleep. So I'll just do this little edit and tell you he either said "Ahttie Doo-Doo" or "Outtie Doo-Doo". I'll post the answer after work!! But don't forget, Blogger has a scheduled 15 minute outage today at 4pm PST. I hate it when they do that.
 
posted by Norman at 7:44 PM | Permalink |


8 Comments:


  • At Monday, September 18, 2006 8:45:00 PM, Blogger Michelle

    Outtie Doo-doo...Outtie Doo-doo...

    I've got three kids that spoke baby and I'm absolutely stumped.

    Why didn't you tell us the name of the book, you dirty ho-bag, we need a hint or something.

     
  • At Monday, September 18, 2006 8:56:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    Tammy - Nope!! Not a metamucil bottle!!! Just wait....

    Michelle - Just for calling me a dirty ho-bag I'm not gonna tell. J/K!! Anyway - if I told you the name of the book, it'd be a dead giveaway. Let's see... what other hint can I give ya'll??

    hmm... how about:

    DUM DUM DUM DUUUUM DUUUUUM!! DA DA DA DUM DUM DA DA DA DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM!!

    No - I'm not calling you dumb, I'm humming the THEME SONG!

     
  • At Tuesday, September 19, 2006 6:18:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    What did I ever do to you to deserve this? Have I not religiously voted on your weekend blogs? Have I not brought you more readers that are loyal to your blog? Have I not posted comments? And this is how you treat me? Stump me and make me wait for an entire day?? (did he guilt trip help?) This is nothing I can google for a quick fix! Ugh...the insanity of it all!
    Meanwhile, I only have the theme song of Little House on the Prairie in my head so your dumdums aren't helping.
    Ahttie Doo doo....I have no freaking clue.

     
  • At Tuesday, September 19, 2006 6:21:00 AM, Blogger overactive-imagination

    I haven't got a clue but I am looking forward to finding out!!

    Oh, and there is such a thing as "yog's" from your post the other day. They are actually called Yogo's and they are bite sized yogurt things (like you would find on the outside of yogurt raisans but without the raisan.) My daughter brought home a bag from her school's vending machine the other day and I snatched them said "AHA!! YOG'S"...lol
    Dawn

     
  • At Tuesday, September 19, 2006 6:45:00 AM, Blogger Heather Jane

    Ahhti-doo-doo = R2D2

    What kind of Teacher READS Star Wars to babies anyway? It's all about the movies. They should be promoting the idiotbox, not BOOKS! What is WRONG with the education system today? Sick.

     
  • At Tuesday, September 19, 2006 1:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I'm with Calamity, and I'm guessing it's R2D2. (Which I thought of on my own, but she posted already.)

     
  • At Tuesday, September 19, 2006 2:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I can't comment any other way besides anonymous since I have a Beta account now, so maybe you're no comment issue stems from that!!
    NE-ways, my first thought was Scooby Dooby Doo, but even with my toddler, you have me stumped!! Can't wait to hear what it is.
    Christan = )

    www.stephensrecipes.blogspot.com

     
  • At Tuesday, September 19, 2006 5:26:00 PM, Blogger Nicki

    I'm pulling for R2D2 as well, although I can't figure out why they'd read a book about it.

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com