Monday, September 11, 2006
Phil Vassar Rules
Hey, this is God
Can I please have your attention
There's a need for intervention
Man, I'm disappointed in what I'm seeing
Yeah, this is God
You fight each other in my name
Treat life like it's a foolish game
I'd say you've got the wrong idea
Oh, all I'm asking for is love
Well I've seen you hurt yourselves enough
Oh, I've been waiting on a change in you
Yeah, this is GodI've given everything to you
But look at what you do to the world that I created
This is God
What's with this attitude and hate
You grow more ignorant with age
You had it made, now look at all you've wasted
Oh, all I'm asking for is love
Oh, I've seen you hurt yourselves enough
Oh, I've been waiting on a change in you, yeah
I know your every thought, your heart and soul and every move
There are so many consequences to the things you do
All I'm asking for is love
Haven't you hurt yourselves enough
Oh, I've been waiting on a change in you
A change in you, oh
This is God

*******************
If you want to hear the actual song, just search for the .mp3 on Google.

****************
No guys. I'm not getting all "Bible-Thumpy" on you. I just like the message that this song gives. Especially today.

I consider today a day of Thanksgiving for myself. I am thankful that I still have my brother. Five years ago today - my brother left his office for a meeting on the other side of the building that he worked in. Ten minutes later, an airplane crashed into the space that he had just occupied. My brother works at the Pentagon.

I still get angry when I remember the footage of Middle Eastern people cheering and applauding when they got the news of the terrorist attacks, and I still tear up when I see the footage of the airplanes going into the buildings. I remember the fear I felt that day, as my job shut down, and we were all sent home. It was surreal to see the guards on full alert, with their weapons on the ready and the solemn looks on their faces. I never want to go thru that again.

*********************************************************************
I heard this weekend that Yusef Islam is releasing an album of his greatest hits. Perhaps you know this person better as Cat Stevens? I am skeptical of this release. Didn't he previously mention that his former line of work went against the teachings of Islam? Didn't he advocate the 'death sentence' of Salmon Rushdie for his book, "The Satanic Verses"? I believe he did. So then why, is he all of a sudden going against the teachings of Islam to release this album? Make your own conclusion about what he will do with his profits from this album. I know I won't be purchasing it.
 
posted by Norman at 4:04 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At Monday, September 11, 2006 8:07:00 PM, Blogger Spicy Cracker

    5 years ago today I was on the phone with my cousin who worked in the Pentagon. 30 years Navy finally contract work at the pentagon. I hung up the phone from talking to him about planing a trip to go see him. 1 hour later the pentagon was hit. He was killed and identified later by a piece of his face and his wallet. I am bitter and still angry. Everyone is in my thoughts and prayers.

     
  • At Wednesday, September 13, 2006 3:34:00 PM, Blogger Teri

    I like Phil Vassar's music.

    does this help you commenting?

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com