Tuesday, September 19, 2006
Meet Ahtee Doo-Doo!!

Weeeeelll!!! Looks like I got a couple of smarty-pants reading my blog!! Calamity Jane and Ace guessed the correct character! And without knowing the book even!!! Way to go ya'll!!! Would either of you two like to move in with us so we can decipher other things that he says?

Ethan told us the book was "Scar Wars" and "Ahtee Doo-Doo" was a robot. He likes him a lot. He does NOT however, like the fair. According to Ethan, the reason why he cannot ride the fair rides is because he is "Hagernic" to them. (Allergic).

You know what? I think it's time to bring him in for a hearing test. He pronounces words just fine once you correct him on the pronunciation, but I guess it's just the way he hears it. Either way - it makes for a good giggle or two over here.

BTW - let's mark this down for a freaky OOOooOOowwweeeeeOOOOoooo thing:

Remember when I said that I know of NO ONE named "Norman", and we couldn't figure out where he came up with it? Weeeeeell... When re-asked this question just the other day, Ethan said that someone told it to him... but he couldn't tell me who. He just said "A boy here did. He whispered his name was Norman. So I called you Norman by mistake."

Now, I've got to do a genealogy of myself for my Ethnicity course I'm taking in college. I was going through some photographs that my parents have of THEIR grandparents, when I ran across pictures of the tombstones of MY grandparents. My grandparents names were written on it, with their birth and death dates of course, and underneath their names was... you guessed it: "Norman" with the dates 1926-1929.

Now, I've always heard of my Aunt Juliette who died when she was in her teens. She had a muscular deformity, and it caused her organs to function incorrectly. We're not sure what exactly the disease was, because my grandparents were rural folks, and we're also talking 1920's here... but I've never heard of NORMAN. So I asked my mother who Norman was. She said Norman is my uncle who died when he was a child. He died long before she was born, and for some reason - the family just never talks about him. Huh. I'm 36 years old and I've NEVER heard of Norman.

So: OOOOoooOOOowwwweeeOOOOOO or just plain ol' coincidence?

Supernatural Norman!
 
posted by Norman at 4:40 PM | Permalink |


8 Comments:


  • At Tuesday, September 19, 2006 10:27:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    Tammy - Isn't that a strange bit of coincidence though?!!

     
  • At Tuesday, September 19, 2006 10:57:00 PM, Blogger Spicy Cracker

    Sometimes they come back full circle so as not to be forgotten. :) (Wheres my PC stuff? We're getting ansy and they are talking about getting someone else... )

    My mom learned how to speak English when she was about 21/22 years old. About 10 years ago she said ... "If I was choking would you do the Hovermahineme? (pronounced Hoover ma hine me) I said my God do you mean the Hymlicmanouver? I still laugh and laugh. My spelling is off I don't have my glasses on and I can't even see to spell check. Have a good night!

     
  • At Wednesday, September 20, 2006 6:06:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I swear if I was home I'd hide under the bed. That's amazing. Just simply amazing. I can't imagine how you must have felt when you saw the name Norman and the age. Jeez Louise.

     
  • At Wednesday, September 20, 2006 7:03:00 AM, Blogger Lisa

    That is so cool that you now know why he started calling you Norman. Have you asked your son any probing questions? I know mine would only give vague details at that age, but it's worth a try.

     
  • At Wednesday, September 20, 2006 2:55:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    You probably should get the little StarWarsian checked. Just in case.

    And that Norman thing is creepy. There's one in every family, though. Two in mine, actually.

     
  • At Wednesday, September 20, 2006 5:37:00 PM, Blogger Michelle

    Whoa, very weird.

     
  • At Wednesday, September 20, 2006 7:54:00 PM, Blogger Cacti to Cornfields

    hmm. your ghost stories rock, but i think that your uncle's name being norman is coincidental. if it was the 20's, i think that probably "norman" and "wilbur" and "cletis" and "horace" were the "tristans" and "jordans" of the day. HOWEVER, i'm far more intrigued by the "boy who whispered" this to ethan but don't know that the two would be linked.... or... are... they? anyway, bizarre-O!!

     
  • At Saturday, December 09, 2006 7:07:00 PM, Blogger Northwoods Woman

    I know I'm going backwards here and I'm hoping you are getting these comments in email.
    I think Norman is your ghost!

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com