Tuesday, October 31, 2006
BOO ON YOU!
Well of COURSE I'm going to post my kiddo's cutsie wootsie Halloween costumes!! Of COURSE I am! Halloween just happens to be our favorite holiday around here, because it's the only time of the year that we get candy for NOTHING! By the time we get home, it's too late for trick-or-treaters... and so we never have to buy candy! At least - that's the plan. And it usually works!! We're sticking it to da man!! Well, not really, but I just wanted to say I was sticking it to da man.

But here are our Halloween Spooks!



Ethan was (if you can't tell) Thomas the Tank. For those of you who don't have kids, this is a toy that ALL THE LITTLE BOYS IN THE WORLD MUST HAVE. For reals. 'Cause it's just not right if you don't have Thomas the Tank. Or so Ethan would have you believe. I think I have spent my entire future retirement fund on Thomas the Tank accessories. dammit.

Avery was originally going to be a pink poodle, but due to some last minute personality snafus - the child ended up in Ethan's old Halloween costume as... a skunk. As in - stinky child. APPARENTLY, she's going to start the terrible two's early. We felt the skunk costume fit her so much better.

I was really excited with Ashton's costume. This is the first year...the FIRST YEAR that we did not have to dress her as the requisite princess. Nope. This year, she wanted to be the Corpse Bride. So that's what we did. I think it turned out very well. She liked it. And I have my eye on that hat. I think I liked it a lot. My husband said I don't need hers because I have my very own magical witch hat that comes out whenever I'm pissed. Whatever.

But we got lots of loot and had a great time! The scariest part of Halloween for me this year, was when we went by my bosses house. (I'm not a kiss-ass, but my boss mentioned that she got my kids a special trick or treat gift. I couldn't NOT go!!) On the way to her house - my children began arguing over who would tell her our news that we're MOVING. HOLY CRAP!! So we stopped the car and basically LECTURED the young'uns on not spilling the beans yet. Ethan told us (cause he thought we were kidding) that he was going to tell her anyway, at which point we threatened the child. With no trick-or-treating. That did the trick. Nary a word was said about our upcoming move. Phew!

Well, crap. I had lots of pictures to share, but blogger's being bitchy. So maybe I'll post them later!! It depends on if you guys want to see them or not.

Oh - and I suppose I could tell you about the creepy ghost thingie that happened tonight...but nope. It'd be too cliche for me to post it on Halloween of all nights. I'd get probably get accused of making shit up because it's Halloween and all. So it'll have to wait for another night. But it was FREAKY.

Happy Halloween!!

Norman!

 
posted by Norman at 7:46 PM | Permalink |


8 Comments:


  • At Tuesday, October 31, 2006 10:34:00 PM, Blogger Aric Blue

    Happy Halloween! My kid would have gone as Superman, but turns out he's freakishly big and doesn't fit into the costume(even though it's supposed to fit 5 year olds and he just turned 3)

     
  • At Wednesday, November 01, 2006 4:17:00 AM, Blogger Snooze

    The kids look great. The corpse bride costume did turn out well. I want a hat like that too.

     
  • At Wednesday, November 01, 2006 7:11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Oh c'mon! You can't tease us about another ghost story and then leave us hanging.

     
  • At Wednesday, November 01, 2006 7:53:00 AM, Blogger Spicy Cracker

    What was the speacial treat from your boss? I hate stairing at a present I can't open!!!!! Thats what you are doing to me.

     
  • At Wednesday, November 01, 2006 7:54:00 AM, Blogger Spicy Cracker

    Ps. Did you notice I can not spell worth a crap with out my glasses or contacts.. geesh, I sware I have an education!

     
  • At Wednesday, November 01, 2006 11:46:00 AM, Blogger Michael

    Here I thought Thomas was a train. I guess times change. Maybe You were making a funny.

    Take Care
    Michael

     
  • At Wednesday, November 01, 2006 8:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Awwww. So very cute. Love the skunk.

     
  • At Wednesday, November 01, 2006 8:24:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    Aric - I never believe the manufacturer sizes!! Especially in Halloween sizes. They are ALWAYS too small. must be because the costumes are put together in third world countries and their children are malnourished, so they size them for THEIR kids - not American kids... LOL

    Snooze - Dude!! The hat was at WalMart! I bet you can get one today for half price!!

    Shakennotstirred - I need to figure out how to WRITE the ghost post now. It was weird...

    Spicy - She got them glow necklaces, and a halloween bank with a keychain, and the BIG BRICK of Hershey's and lots of other treats in a little Halloween bag. She's a neat lady, and she LOVES children.

    Michael - Nope!! Believe it or not, it is actually Thomas the Tank ENGINE (I forgot to put in "engine"). Ethan quickly corrects me whenever I say Thomas the Train. No mommy!! It's Thomas the Tank ENGINE!!..

    Tammy - she was fluffy, puffy and cuddly!!

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com