Monday, November 20, 2006
Bah!!!! Humbug!!!
Now - usually, I try to confirm information before sending it out via e-mail, but this actually sounds "true". So forgive me if I'm spreading a lie, but this really pissed me off.

You know those little gift cards you buy at places like Best Buy, Target, Circuit City or WalMart? The ones where you put money on them so that you can let your friends or family go buy the gift they actually WANT instead of the ones they receive?

Weeeelll.... I just got this over e-mail. Check this out:

"Just a little warning before traditional gift giving time. Well the crooks have found a way to rob you of your gift card balance. If you buy Gift Cards from a display rack that has various store cards you may become a victim of theft. Crooks are now jotting down the card numbers in the store and then wait a few days and call to see how much of a balance THEY have on the card. Once they find the card is "activated", they go online and start shopping.
You may want to purchase your card from a customer service person, where they do not have the Gift Cards viewable to the public. "


So remember. I got this over e-mail and Snopes didn't have it listed in the Urban Legend Page. If someone can find out the accuracy of this - I'd sure appreciate it. Right now - it's just pissed me off...

Oh - and POLL'S CLOSED!! SNUFFY IS THE BETTER SPANKER!! You freaks!!!


Norman!

**edit**

One more thing - Like I said - I'm not totally sure it's true, but please try to tell as many people as possible about this. It would totally SUCK to give someone a gift card with a zero balance. Wanna know what I'm gonna do about this? I'm going to tell our Crime Stoppers coordinator about this and see if he'll put it out in a public announcement.

SECOND EDIT!

WOOHOOO!!!! I SCOOPED SNOPES!

NOW it's on snopes. Here's the linky-poo so you can go read for yourselves. IT'S TRUE!
 
posted by Norman at 8:00 PM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com