Friday, November 10, 2006
Don't complain. I warned you I'd be posting sporadically.
Well - no one's complaining, but I feel guilty for my lack of posts, and then when i DO post, it's something depressing.

It's crazy here guys!! Absolutely crazy!!

First - let me tell you that I got a BIG PROMOTION at work today. Wow. I did NOT see this coming. In fact, it was a "surprise" promotion. Crappity. I already warned them that I might be moving. Maybe it's incentive for me to stay. AND... my promotion was retro-active, which means I already got my $$ on this weeks check. Niiiiiiice!!

Until I got home and discovered the $687 bill from the plumber for our water leak.

all that money I just got in my raise?? *****ZAP!******

But then I got my commission check from Pampered Chef, and actually got paid from THEM at a higher level because I did so well last month. But again - with that water leak.... ****FLUSH***** It's gone too.

I should have known it'd be pricey when I heard them break out the jackhammer.

But oh well - it's fixed so I should be thankful that I got off for under a thousand dollars. The last time my slab got jackhammered, (oooo, that sounded nasty, didn't it??) it cost me roughly $15,000. So I'm actually relieved.

In the meantime, Ethan has turned FIVE!!! We had a small family party for him on Tuesday, and he is having "The Mouse Hell Party" tomorrow at 4:00pm. I'm also doing a Pampered Chef party at 10:00am, and then helping the hubs pack up for his move. I'm hellishly busy. And Bitchy. Very very bitchy. Ask my husband and kids. They'll tell ya.

So that's the status of MOI. What's new with you guys?

Oh - and here's a couple pictures of the Ethanator's family party. Enjoy!!


Just a quick explanation about his glum face here. I had put the "relighting candles" on his cake. He blew the candles out, and they sparked back up. This is him backing away from the cake and trippin' over the ghostly candles!!

I'm FIVE!!!

And I'll try to get the weekend poll up sometime tomorrow!! Remember, voting is mandatory!!

 
posted by Norman at 5:05 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At Friday, November 10, 2006 7:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hey Norman! Thanks so much for the link to Pannasmontata! I've been wanting a new layout for B~C for a long time, and they had the perfect one!!!

     
  • At Friday, November 10, 2006 10:05:00 PM, Blogger Dari

    Happy Birthday to Ethan, wow 5 years old, he is a BIG boy now., life is always like this it will keep bitching at you, one day you feel happy about some money that came from "somehwere" but immidiatly it have it own mind. "Money talks", but mine only says "GoodBye"

     
  • At Saturday, November 11, 2006 5:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    A big Happy Birthday number 5 to Ethan!

    Now that you've gotten this big promotion, does that mean you'll commute from San Antonio? Heh.

    Seriously, can you telecommute or something? Surely your firm wants you around badly enough to work something out?

    Ick with the plumber's bill taking all the new income. Makes you think you're in the wrong business, right?

     
  • At Saturday, November 11, 2006 1:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Happy Birthday Ethan!

    And, Norman... don't think of it as bitchy. Think of it as "woman on a mission with too much shit popping up to give a rat's ass what anyone thinks about my attitude". You're entitled!

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com