Sunday, November 05, 2006
It's finally happened
It took having THREE children, but it's finally happened. I've gone insane. I've often wondered when this would happen.

I noticed it this week. First, you have to understand that I love to read. It's an escape for me. I start reading a good book, and it's like I have my very own movie inside my head. I love it. But lately- I've been becoming very very irritated with the authors of books. Why in the HELL do they take so long to describe a scene? I find myself skipping over entire pages of prose just to get to the point. Seriously. Just today - I was reading a little bit in a book about a woman that walked into a sanetarium with a newborn baby. The reason she was there was because she needed to leave the baby with them since the baby had Down's Syndrome, and the parents didn't want to take care of the baby (the time was 1964). Now look. I understand that the author was trying to lay groundwork that the woman was conflicted about leaving a baby in such a place, but did she have to go on and on and on for 3 pages about the curtains? The curtains aren't even symbolic of anything, the author is just one of those people that think they need to desribe EVERYTHING in minute detail. Just say there were dirty dusty velvet curtains in the waiting room!!! Be done with it and go on!!! ARRRRRGHHHHH

I became so very incensed with this book, that I shut it and retreated to the comfort of watching the "Doodle Bops" and "This is Daniel Cook". You know. Stories with simplistic plots and storylines that are super easy to follow. I've also discovered that I absolutely LOVE the theme song to "This is Daniel Cook". Here: You can click on this link, turn up your speakers and hear the song I'm talking about. Go ahead. It's not long, I'll wait...

See? Catchy huh? I find that song reverberating in my head all....frickin....day....long. That and the Doodle Bops.. I find I much prefer songs like that and in fact have the Kidz Bop CD in my car as opposed to Nickelback.

So I must've gone insane. I was so worried about DeeDee today because she lost her voice and couldn't sing in the Doodlebops concert. So very sad.

.....and I was going to post the Weekend poll that was supposed to be posted yesterday today, but my kids are screaming - I just heard something crash in the next room, and I can hear my husband yelling about something. So now I need to go figure out what happened and go put everyone in time out (including the husband because SOMETHING is broken and he was supposed to be watching them for 15 minutes while I updated my blog and apparently that didn't happen). Besides - Doodle Bops is playing a bonus episode and I don't wanna miss it.

****NEWSFLASH*****

I got sick and tired of the anonymous e-mail service I was using as a contact for this blog. Effectively IMMEDIATELY, you can email me at itsnorman@gmail.com. I've changed my contact in the blog sidebar. For those of you that occasionally e-mail me at the mindless.com address, I will be deleting that service!! it's TERRIBLE! Now I've got to go find all those places that I've left the old e-mail addy at and change it. Busy times I have.....
 
posted by Norman at 8:32 AM | Permalink |


9 Comments:


  • At Sunday, November 05, 2006 1:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    LOL, ah, yes, the DoodleBops...their song was stuck in my head for so long...it will pass, my dear. :)

     
  • At Sunday, November 05, 2006 4:59:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    You must have been reading the memory keepers daughter. That book made me nuts. Just insane kinda nuts.

     
  • At Sunday, November 05, 2006 5:04:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    Stacie - But what about the Daniel Cook song?? Will that go away too?

    Julie - YES!! That's exactly what I'm reading. I'm halfway thru and Paul just broke his wrist. So are you saying this is a sucky book? Crap!

     
  • At Sunday, November 05, 2006 7:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    YOU TOOK NICKELBACK OUT OF YOUR CD PLAYER??? You really have lost it, Norman! LOL
    So, what broke? And WHERE is that ghost story you promised us from Halloween?

     
  • At Sunday, November 05, 2006 7:23:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    Shaken - The kids made me!! And I haven't taken it out yet, besides - it' the kidz bop version of Shakira that I keep playing over and over... does that make it better?

    The halogen light in our house was knocked over - and is now out by the dumpster. Oh well. I didn't like that light anyway. And as for the ghost story - I'm having a hard time explaining what happened without it sounding like all the other ghost stories. If I try to make it sound different - then I'm afraid that it's like I'm trying to LIE about it. I'm still working on it!! PROMISE!!

     
  • At Monday, November 06, 2006 6:11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I work at the library and Memory Keepers Daughter keeps going out on holds. I was going to read it since that is usually a sign the book is good, should I not waste my time?

    Melanie

     
  • At Monday, November 06, 2006 6:23:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    As a Canadian it's nice to see that everything you like is Canadian. Daniel Cook, Doodlebops and Nickelback, all Canucks. And that theme song is catchy!

     
  • At Monday, November 06, 2006 7:12:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    Melanie - You know, I'm almost thru with the book. It's good - except I can't really absorb myself into it since I've been trying to grab bits & pieces of it with the kids running around. I'd bet it'd be a lot better if I had a steaming cup of coffee, a rainy day and no kiddos running around to distract me. The author likes to describe things in detail (see my earlier gripe). Don't get me wrong... it's good, I just can't fully absorb it... ;p

    Pamm - Would it surprise you to know that my maiden name was Charbonneau?! Yep - my family is Canadian, no wonder I like the Canuck Groups, eh? LOL! I'm first generation born American, and not only that - I live in Texas. c'est bonne, ca?

     
  • At Monday, November 06, 2006 9:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Maybe it was written during NaNoWriMo, where the adjective is king.

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com