Saturday, December 02, 2006
The Weekend Poll!!! (yeh. I know it's late!)
First, I had to figure out who would go up against the great Snuffy. So here it is!

Bert.

And what's the question to go with ol' Bert? Simple!! It's this!

Which one do you think is the bigger secret phreak?

Don't lie!




















Which one do you think is the bigger secret phreak?
Mr. Snuffleupagus
Bert
Free polls from Pollhost.com


Attention: You can ONLY read the bottom part of this post AFTER you vote. No cheating. You simply are not allowed. OK? Now, if you've voted... read on!

Now, remember I told you that my garage door was opening & closing on its own? Freaky!! Really really freaky!! But it hasn't done that now in a couple of days. Since it's like.... two degrees outside, I've been keeping the dogs inside. This morning...about 6:30 am, I got up because Avery deemed it NECESSARY to get up. I let the dogs out to do their bidness, and slogged into the kitchen to make the coffee. As I gazed blearily out the window, I watched Tinker scamper down the road. Junior was heading the other way.

eh???

My coffee-deprived brain didn't really register the significance of seeing my two dogs running loose until I realized that HEY!! I JUST SAW MY TWO DOGS RUNNING LOOSE!

I crammed Avery into her highchair and threw a wad of playdough at her. I threw my coat on over my Snoopy jammies, crammed my feet into my Tweety Slippers, and ran out the back door. Of course the garage door was open. I skidded down the icy driveway and started whistling for the dogs. They ignored me. But apparently my garage door is tuned to the same exact frequency as my whistle. It closed. With me outside in my jammies and coat, the baby inside and my other two kids still asleep.

Shit on a brick.

I waddled around to the front of the house to check on Avery thru the window. She was fine, just eating playdough. Banged on the window and told her "NO!NO!! Don't eat the playdough!!" She ignored me. Seems to be a pattern with her and the dogs. Then I trekked to Ashy's window and tried to wake her up. Gosh. I think she's a teenager already. It took FOREVER to make her wake up and she's only 8!! But after she got done laughing at me, she let me in the house and I tried to decide how best to retrieve the dogs.

Long story short, I got the dogs back. Apparently they decided they don't like to jump in snow drifts. They came to the front of the house, I captured them, and threw them in their kennels. Then I went outside and unplugged the garage door. Then I went and tried to salvage the playdough from Avery. I'm sure I'll get the rest tomorrow in her diaper.

And that's where we currently stand. I swear. If I hear that door go up now (and it's now unplugged), I will wig. Just sayin.

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!
 
posted by Norman at 7:38 PM | Permalink |


9 Comments:


  • At Saturday, December 02, 2006 8:07:00 PM, Blogger Nicki

    GHOSTBUSTERS, WOMAN!! GHOSTBUSTERS!!

     
  • At Sunday, December 03, 2006 4:15:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Just slip out the back, Jack, make a new plan, Stan
    Don't need to be coy, Roy, just listen to me
    Hop on the bus, Gus, don't need to discuss much
    Just drop off the key, Lee, and get yourself free.

    Simon and Garfunkle said it best. Is the house officially up for sale yet?

     
  • At Sunday, December 03, 2006 5:17:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hey Norm, my garage door has been doing the exact same thing. Just started doing this about 3 weeks ago.

    BigDaddy kept getting all pissed at me saying that I wasn't waiting long enough when I left closed it, watching to make sure it actually shut.....Well last night he came home, garage door SHUT, right? Around 9p.m. he looked out the back door, garage door OPEN.

    We unplugged it.

    Maybe it's not ghosts. Maybe it's a conspiracy to drive us all insane??

     
  • At Sunday, December 03, 2006 9:29:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Norman I hate to add to the freak out factor but some paranormal investigators believe that with colder weather the entities are better able to play tricks and pranks on us. The added static electricity gives them the energy they need to manifest and play.

    The best thing you can do is stand your ground. Draw yourself up to your full height, hands on hips ( classic Momma pose) and tell whatever it is to STOP! It is YOUR house and you will NOT stand for the tricks and stunts. Tell it you are freakingout and it is time for it to leave. In most cases this does work, they want to be acknowledged and after getting what they want, they stop.

     
  • At Sunday, December 03, 2006 10:55:00 AM, Blogger Norman

    Freak - WHATbusters? WHATbusters? Remember... I said there will be NO FURTHER GHOST POSTS!!! there's no such thing as ghosts. there's no such thing as ghosts... there's no such thing as ghosts...

    Linda - I like the Sound of Silence better. The sound of no garage door self raising is the best! Nope, the house is not officially up for sale, but I've had someone come to look at it twice. The second time, he brought his dad with him. The wife is already making plans for my back room. Sounds encouraging, huh? If we can pull this off with no realtors involved, that would be BOSS!

    B~C - WOW!!! I wonder if it's the cold. I unplugged ours too. Like I said, if it raises up NOW, while being unplugged - I'll be wiggin' my ass up and down the street!

    Kathy - gee. thanks for that NON-SCARY POST!! there's no such thing as ghosts. there's no such thing as ghosts. there's no such thing as ghosts.... gaaaaahh!!!!

     
  • At Sunday, December 03, 2006 11:38:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    are there any real estate laws about disclosure of that 'nosuchthingasghosts' activity? (i'm just saying CYA)

    i always enjoy your descriptive and humorous bent on your misadventures.

     
  • At Sunday, December 03, 2006 2:06:00 PM, Blogger Teri

    know what would really freak me out? if the garage door opened while unplugged.

    then I would have to say, pack it up and move it out! Quickly!

     
  • At Monday, December 04, 2006 6:35:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Okay, I know you're gonna sock me for this one but...

    BWAAHAAHAAHAAHAA!!!!!

    You gotta laugh Norman! It's better than crying.

     
  • At Thursday, December 07, 2006 12:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Oh, girl! That's crazy!

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com