Wednesday, November 22, 2006
Happy Birthday Guys!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Happy Birthday to each & every one of you!

What? You say it's NOT your birthday?

But it's TURKEY DAY, isn't it?

So far, I've baked a Pecan Pie, a Pumpkin Pie, Ghiradelli Brownies, and made Peppered Glazed Pecans. Yummy, no? My mother is doing the turkey, a pork roast, twice baked potatoes, and all the yummy stuff that goes so well with Thanksgiving. My boss is bringing German Cucumber Salad..

~~scrreeeeeech!!!~~

MY BOSS??!!

yep. You read that correctly. My Boss. Am I the biggest KISS ASS in the world or what?! Actually - you guys (that read me regularly that is) know that my boss is pretty cool. She had been planning on going to Denver for Thanksgiving, when her daughter was informed that "she will work Thursday night or be fired". So. They decided to stay here. Which leaves just the two of them by themselves for the holiday. Now - everyone knows that Thanksgiving is supposed to be a huge riotious affair with big gatherings. I can provide the riot with my kiddos alone. Anyhoo - we invited her to come, and she IMMEDIATELY accepted. I kinda thought she would politely decline - since she'd already bought her turkey and all... but she and her daughter jumped at the invitation. So I'm glad! And you guys can call me an ass-kisser all you want. I don't care (much).

Have a SAFE holiday everyone. When you return from whereever you are going for Thanksgiving - I demand a roll-call so that I will know that each and every one of you is safe and accounted for.

I'm serious.

~Norman!
 
posted by Norman at 8:18 PM | Permalink |


12 Comments:


  • At Wednesday, November 22, 2006 11:25:00 PM, Blogger Spicy Cracker

    Happy T-day!

     
  • At Thursday, November 23, 2006 3:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Ass Kisser? And you don't care what anyone thinks...[too much]?

    Not YOU Norman- jeesh. YOU WERE kidding right?

    The blog looks great.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

     
  • At Thursday, November 23, 2006 5:15:00 AM, Blogger Michael

    I think you are fantastic.

    Take Care
    Michael

     
  • At Thursday, November 23, 2006 7:11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family and your boss and her family! I think it's very charitable of you to invite her.

    We're stationery here at San Antonio for Thanksgiving at the Braunig Lake RV Park. We're having a potluck today. The campground provides the ham and turkey and we bring a covered dish and a dessert. Should be yummy!

    Sandra

     
  • At Thursday, November 23, 2006 8:55:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Happy Turkey Day Norman!

    Son and I will be spending a quiet day together at home, so we're accounted for! LOL Enjoy your day!

     
  • At Thursday, November 23, 2006 10:01:00 AM, Blogger Norman

    Spicy - THANKS CHICKY!!! Let me know how those Meat Forks work out!! (I'm thinking of ordering them for my mother for XMas!!)

    Anon - LOL!!! Sam I Am** -- is that you?? If so - how was Vegas?!

    Michael - Well--- DITTO! Happy Birthday!

    Sandra - See, if I lived in SA, I'd invite YOU!! Maybe next year!

    Shaken - C'mon down!! We've got PLENTY!

    **for those of you that follow such things, Sam I Am posted on my blog as ~Anonymous~, telling me that he couldn't get my gmail account to work for him. It's nice to see my friends around here, even the "What happens in Vegas STAYS in Vegas" buddies!! BWAAAHAHAHHAAA!!

     
  • At Thursday, November 23, 2006 12:45:00 PM, Blogger Heather Jane

    Aww, Norman - I need an invite to this shindig.
    My thanksgiving in october was a bit shoddy and I didn't even have TURKEY! Can you believe that?

     
  • At Thursday, November 23, 2006 12:57:00 PM, Blogger warcrygirl

    And a happy turkey day to you, too! I'm thankful for all my readers, even the ones who don't always comment.

    What, no cheesecake? ;)

    Also: my special word was "uuwhaat"; I'm going to use that in a sentence at least once today.

     
  • At Thursday, November 23, 2006 4:34:00 PM, Blogger Kim

    Happy Thanksgiving Norm! I wish I spending it with my family. Instead they are all about 5 minutes away enjoying good football and food and I am here with some crap I came down with in about 2 hours last night! UGH. That makes for a pretty sad Thanksgiving.

    Hope yours was wonderful!

     
  • At Friday, November 24, 2006 7:11:00 AM, Blogger pack of 2

    Hope you had a great Turkey day, Norm. We were in a food coma all day.;)

    Angie

     
  • At Friday, November 24, 2006 5:45:00 PM, Blogger The Meganekko

    The eating of a turkey is a beautiful thing. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    Maid

     
  • At Saturday, November 25, 2006 9:10:00 AM, Blogger Nicki

    I thought about you on Thanksgiving. I think about you every day. I'm thinking about you right now. I hope you were thinking about me. Oh, wait... you left a Thanksgiving comment on my blog. ZOMG!!! You WERE thinking about me!!!

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com