Tuesday, December 19, 2006
When I get old...I'm gonna be The Fruitcake Lady
See, I never watch Late Night Shows. I just now got this over e-mail, and I've been laughing hysterically ever since. I've never seen her before!!

I must study this lady so that I can emulate her when I get older. I must.


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos



Did you watch it? Did you laugh!? YAY!

I want you to know: We are expecting a really really bad ice storm here in Amarillo. The weather people are calling for 1.5 inches of ICE on the road, and maybe snow....up to a foot (maybe). They're not sure about the snow. I wish they would find out pretty soon, because I'm supposed to drive 35 miles in that crap tomorrow. Only....

My boss (who is waaaay cool), told us that she didn't expect to see us at work any earlier than 10:00am. Her reasoning is that by 9:00am, SURELY the city will have salted & sanded the highways....SURELY this will have occurred. At any rate, we're not expected in until at least 10. I still don't want to drive in that, so I volunteered (jokingly), that I would navigate if she would pick me up. AND SHE IS!! I don't have to drive!!!

I am, however, an unwilling passenger should her car decide to careen over an ice-slicked bridge. *gulp*

Hopefully, work will shut down. The schools are planning on shutting down. The school is 2 blocks away from me, and the district has deemed it "too dangerous" for the little'uns to be going to school.

But it's ok for us to drive 35 miles.

Go figger.

OK - Watch the fruitcake lady if you haven't already!!

NORMAN!
 
posted by Norman at 3:58 AM | Permalink |


15 Comments:


  • At Monday, December 18, 2006 11:02:00 PM, Blogger pack of 2

    That woman on the video is SO funny!!!! OMG! We might steal it for our place....if you don't mind.

    Be CAREFUL tomorrow Norm! People get crazy in ice storms! Let us know how your drive went.

    Angie

     
  • At Tuesday, December 19, 2006 6:03:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I suppose it's because I've not watched tv since 1998 - but I have never seen nor heard of her before. She's funny though. Reminds me of one of my Grandmothers. LOL.

     
  • At Tuesday, December 19, 2006 6:47:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Ooh girl, send some of that cold down here, because it is hot hot hot!

    I fear that I will be the Fruit Cake Lady when I old. :)

     
  • At Tuesday, December 19, 2006 8:02:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Here's hoping you don't have to go anywhere in that! Stay home where it's nice and warm and cozy. :)

     
  • At Tuesday, December 19, 2006 8:47:00 AM, Blogger booda baby

    True, I've only been reading your blog for a month or so, but I'm thinking you can skip the studying. You've already got the Fruitcake Lady thing going on.

     
  • At Tuesday, December 19, 2006 11:09:00 AM, Blogger Nicki

    I've already renamed my hoo-hoo Miss Puss.

     
  • At Tuesday, December 19, 2006 5:44:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    Angie - Of COURSE I don't mind!!! Go for it!!!

    Aka_Meritt - I think you & I are in the same boat. 1998 is the same year that WE stopped watching a lot of tv... which coincides with the arrival of our first child. Coincidence?

    Bitter Taste - HEY!! You DO know that we are soon to be almost-neighbors, huh? We're moving down SOUTH!!!

    Lisa - Welp... thanks for hoping, but I ended up having to go to work anyway... blech

    Booda - eeeeehhhh??? I've already got the Fruitcake Lady thing going on?? Well now...HOT DAMN!!! 'cept i'm not wrinkly (much).

    FM - you WOULD name your hooha Miss Puss!!!!

     
  • At Wednesday, December 20, 2006 9:21:00 AM, Blogger Nicki

    She used to be Priscilla.

     
  • At Wednesday, December 20, 2006 9:59:00 AM, Blogger booda baby

    Oh, I didn't mean you had it going on in a wrinkly way at all. I meant you had it going on in an appropriately mouthy, oh plese I hardly have time for the booshit kinda way. A good way.

    Yet another example of why it's better I don't comment. I always have to do it twice just to explain the first one.

     
  • At Wednesday, December 20, 2006 10:55:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I didn't know that the Fruitcake Lady had died. Oh I love the advice she gives!

    I'm convinced that when I get old I'll be the Fruitcake Lady too. Either that or Maxine from the Hallmark Shoebox cards. But in a good way!

    And I think you'd make a FABULOUS Fruitcake Lady!

     
  • At Wednesday, December 20, 2006 10:56:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I didn't know that the Fruitcake Lady had died. Oh I love the advice she gives!

    I'm convinced that when I get old I'll be the Fruitcake Lady too. Either that or Maxine from the Hallmark Shoebox cards. But in a good way!

    And I think you'd make a FABULOUS Fruitcake Lady!

     
  • At Wednesday, December 20, 2006 11:02:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I didn't know that the Fruitcake Lady had died. Oh I love the advice she gives!

    I'm convinced that when I get old I'll be the Fruitcake Lady too. Either that or Maxine from the Hallmark Shoebox cards. But in a good way!

    And I think you'd make a FABULOUS Fruitcake Lady!

     
  • At Wednesday, December 20, 2006 1:45:00 PM, Blogger Northwoods Woman

    I'm already the fruitcake lady!

     
  • At Wednesday, December 20, 2006 7:11:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    Freak Magnet - PUSSilla

    Booda - awwww...I was just foolin' with you!! Don't feel like I was chastising you (that's my word for the day...chastising...)!!!

    Lesley - Isn't that sad?! She died last month!! She had a nice long life though... I would love to be 95, although, not right now.

    Lesley - ditto

    Lesley - ditto again.. Did you get impatient!!?? LOL!!

    Livey - ROFLMAO!!

     
  • At Friday, December 22, 2006 4:47:00 AM, Blogger Greg

    LMFAO. Yea I think you will be able to give advice like the Fruitcake lady.

    Peace

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com