Thursday, December 14, 2006
My uncle
Do you remember when I posted about my uncle?

It's painful to say, but my uncle has passed. My poor aunt woke up and discovered him gone. It was a terrible shock for her. It was a shock for all of us, because we thought he'd been recovering. Slowly, but recovering. However, he announced he was tired, and went to bed.

He never woke up.

This is the man that taught me how to swim. He would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it, and that's not just a cliche...he really would. My uncle & aunt fostered more than 10 children, adopted their grandchildren when their biological parents were deemed unfit, and generally kept an upbeat outlook on life - even when things fell to shit around them.

I loved my Uncle Jerry, and it's hard to believe he is gone.
 
posted by Norman at 8:22 PM | Permalink |


17 Comments:


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com