Monday, January 01, 2007
I got the pow-wah!!!
Oh man!!! I discovered this awesome ability of mine today!!! I'm the MOST influential person in the world!! I'VE GOT THE POW-WAH!!!

I stumbled upon this power today by accident. You see - I know some of you will find this hard to believe, but I have a hard time staying still. Something to do with an attention deficit thing, blah blah blah.

But I was at the airport sitting down trying to watch a movie. I just couldn't concentrate on it. Too many people were walking around, and besides - I was getting antsy. So I packed up my crap, and with an hour to spare - decided to go wander over to the boarding area. I walked over there with all my crap of course, and then decided to watch the planes leaving & taking off. So I put my stuff down, and stood over near the "A" group boarding area.

Well.
Now.

APPARENTLY, when one person stands in the A group boarding area, this incites EVERYONE to flock over to the boarding gate and hover. I found this to be quite amusing. Especially since there was like an HOUR before the plane was due to arrive. So I plopped down on the floor and finished watching Shawshank Redemption. It was great to see all the people shifting around and grumbling about losing their places in line if they were to sit back down.

So that happened at the San Antonio airport. Seeing as you can't fly directly to Amarillo from SA, but have to stop over in Dallas, I decided to try this again. I deplaned, visited the potty room, and camped out at the A group boarding line again. SAME FRICKIN SHIT HAPPENED AGAIN!

Only this time someone complained to me about how I started the rush. So I laughed at him. He was not amused. I guess he got offended when I called him a lemming.

But yeah. I got the POWER to make people stand in lines for ridiculously long periods of time at the airport. I didn't care, I had me a DVD player and a great book....and I was first on the plane. BONUS!!

Anyway - did everyone have a happy frickin' new year?! I did! My hubby & I hung out at the Dave & Busters in San Antonio. It wasn't overly crowded, but we had fun anyway. Besides, we were pooped out on crowds. We had been on the Riverwalk at Howl at the Moon, and I think we were still hungover from that night. We went on Friday and partied with all the "Hawkeye" people there for some football game. Then my husband decided to pee in the Riverwalk so we had to go home because at that point the police were coming.

BUT HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS!! AND REMEMBER!!! I GOT THE POWAH!!
 
posted by Norman at 7:16 PM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At Monday, January 01, 2007 11:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Next time we'll put up a hidden camera!

     
  • At Tuesday, January 02, 2007 7:27:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I've been to the Alamo and Hard Rock at the River Walk. If we ever drive back to FL we'll stop on by! (Did you see my new ride.)

     
  • At Tuesday, January 02, 2007 11:17:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Next time just stand there looking up. See what happens.

     
  • At Wednesday, January 03, 2007 9:03:00 AM, Blogger Stewie

    That rocks. I'm going to do that next time I travel.

    Wait, you weren't traveling South West, were you?

    Because that's how South West rolls.

     
  • At Wednesday, January 03, 2007 4:14:00 PM, Blogger China Doll

    I'm always amazed at the utter sheepiness of some people.


    But maybe it's only cuz people like you with the POWAH are running around!

    GASP. You...you are a SHEPPHARD!

     
  • At Thursday, January 04, 2007 10:54:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hey I got the Pow -Wah too!

    I never fly so your shite is awesome!

    I found out a long time ago (like 20 years) that I had the power...it started in a K-Mart where I was commenting to another customer about a certain item and how much I liked it.

    Then I noticed she and was giving me weird looks like I might snatch it back from the counter after I laid it down. Realizing this was funny I decided to play a game with her.

    So, after giving the product a most longing look; she snatched it up and quickly walked away.

    So I tried it with another customer and sure enough it worked again! I still play this game to this day....my kids hate it. hahahaha (evil laugh)

    Coming to you from Texas
    SussieQ

    PS --- I was from Luling, Texas 60 miles south of San Antonio.

     
  • At Thursday, January 04, 2007 12:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I love that you did this twice. Social Experiments are too funny to observe. I wish I could have witnessed it.

    At one point I would have turned around and said "Do y'all actually THINK you are going to miss this plane standing here?"

    Keep it up....we want to have more POWAH stories! woohooo!

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com