Thursday, August 30, 2007
spooky!!! (a semi-ghost post)
Well now.

I don't have a wee ghostie in my house, but weird things STILL happen. And now it's not JUST ME.

Weird things are now occurring to Avery. I love this stuff. It runs in the family.

Now, do you guys remember me telling you about the time I dreamt about my dead grandmother, then the next day my other grandmother died? Well I did. In a nutshell, for those who don't know, I had an extremely vivid dream of my late grandmother. It was so vivid that I thought it was real. The next morning, I called my mom and told her I had "seen" her mother because the dream felt so real. The feeling I had taken from the dream was that my grandmother was proud of me, and there was an overwhelming feeling of love. When my other grandmother died the next day, my mom told me that because of my dream, she felt my grandmother showed herself to me in my dream to let me know that she'd take care of my other grandmother. They were great friends when they were alive. It was a very comforting thought. However, I hope she isn't offended when I say that I hope I don't see her again any time soon!!

So anyway, my mother told me that her mother (the grandmother I dreamt about), "knew" things. More specifically - she knew when a family member would die. My mother said her intuition on this was uncanny. She would just wake up some mornings, and say "There's going to be a loss today" and sure enough, later on the notification would arrive. So when I tell my mother that I have dreams of relatives and I feel they are very real - she believes me.

Luckily - I don't dream of family members that are passed....often. Not until lately.

Lately - I've been having some extremely vivid dreams of my uncle that died about a year ago. The first dream was quite disturbing because my uncle died unexpectedly. In the dream I had, he was laying in his bedroom with a look of outright terror on his face. I walked into the room and ran right back out (in my dream). I stood outside his room for a minute, then thought, I need to talk to him. So I went back to his room. He was still in his bed with the fear on his face as I explained to him that he was dead and we all missed him. He calmed down somewhat and I woke up.

Since then, I've had a few small (vivid) dreams of him yet. Some of the dreams he looks okay, and other dreams allow me contact with him. The last dream I had of him I just hugged him and told him how much he was missed. These dreams are confusing to me because while I've grown up with the man my whole life, and he's been like a second father to me....we weren't particularly "close". I mean...it's hard to explain - but i DID love him a lot and he was family. It's just hard to explain. Anyway - so it's strange to me as to why I continue to dream about him.

I mentioned this to my mother and she seems to think it's because of 2 reasons. Reason 1: She feels I've inherited the "gift" that my grandmother had, and since I'm receptive to things like this, it's easy for him to come to me and get a message across. and Reason 2: She's also of the opinion that he needs prayers for something, and maybe by coming to me, I'll get the message out to the family and they can pray for his soul. But he's Jewish so I don't know for sure what the whole protocol is for Jewish prayer since I'm Catholic. Very confusing.

But now! Avery is doing it.

When I have these dreams, the only person I really tell about them is my mother. She's the only one that really believes me about this. My dad -- well - we believes me as well - but only because he knew my grandmother and the way she was. So he believes me too ...but I only talk to my mother when I have these dreams.

I've been dreaming of my uncle a lot in the past few days, and apparently I'm not getting the message he wants out enough. Because the other day, Avery got up and first thing out of her mouth was: "Uncle Jerry!" and she started babbling in her 2 year old language that doesn't always make sense. And yesterday she did the same thing. About 30 minutes ago - she asked me about Uncle Jerry. She asked me if he was around. I said no. She said, "No! Uncle Jerry is waaaaay up in the sky but he says HELLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

When I talk to my mom about Uncle Jerry, Avery is no where around. So it's shocking that she's dreaming about the same person as I am.

And now I'm afraid for my other uncle. Maybe he's here again to let us know that's going to help with my Uncle Johnny. My Uncle Johnny recently had a stroke, and being that he's over 80, his system is failing. His kidney's are shutting down.

I've only met this uncle about 3 times in my life because he lives in the mountains of Vermont and my mother and him were never close. He's considerably older than my mother and besides, he doesn't like to travel. I think my Uncle Jerry might be here to help guide him.

Avery and I will keep you posted...
 
posted by Norman at 5:33 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At Thursday, August 30, 2007 6:32:00 PM, Blogger RVVagabond

    If Avery does have "the gift", at least you'll be there to help her understand it at the proper time. I think your Uncle Jerry is trying to tell you something and perhaps had left something unsaid that needs to come out.

    Never a dull moment in your household!

     
  • At Thursday, August 30, 2007 7:55:00 PM, Blogger Coffeypot

    You know, they have classes in developing ones paranormal gifts. If you are interested and would like to be less confuse, try signing up for one. But if you dream about any of my family, I DON’T WANT TO KNOW.

     
  • At Friday, August 31, 2007 11:29:00 AM, Blogger Nicki

    That has got to be super cool and ultimately freaky at the same time. I don't know how I'd react.

     
  • At Friday, August 31, 2007 9:26:00 PM, Blogger Lisa

    That stuff runs in our family too. My Aunt was like that and would vividly recall conversations she would have with deceased family members. My cousin's son has the same "gift". And I've been known to once or twice have conversations, dreams, or visions of the dead, and even people who are living that I've never met but somehow encounter shortly thereafter.

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com