Saturday, November 24, 2007
I'm the jingle jangle jingler !!!
I've been known to do some pretty corny things in my life, but this just MIGHT top the corniest!!



But, I figured - what the hell...let's give this a whirl! Last year, in Amarillo, some of my more snooty neighbors were doing the "You've been Jingled" thing. Nobody jingled my house. I felt so unjingled. Basically, the "rules" for Jingling can be found here. The only way I found out that Jingling had been occurring in my old neighborhood is when I found a crumpled up torn sign blowing down the street....obviously after it had blown off someone's door from where they had been jingled. I felt so sad that I was never considered "Jingleable".



Let's fast forward to new town, new house. Thinking about what a blast Halloween had been in this neighborhood, I decided to start up the Jingling on my own.



I bought two cutsie wootsie little snowmen and made up the signs and envelopes, tucked everything into a Christmassy bag and popped my Jingle gifts on two unsuspecting neighbors doorsteps. Ashton helped me select the houses of the people we jingled. Neither of us know these people. All we know is they live in our neighborhood. The strategy we had for picking these houses was because we drive by them on the way home, and we'll be able to see if they hang their Jingle Signs.



I think Ashy is getting more giggles out of this than me! She's looking forward to seeing how many people jingle each other!

**I actually wrote this post last night, after we had dropped off the packages. This morning, I noticed that the first house we jingled already had their sign up, but the SECOND house still has the package out on the doorstep. Now I'm rethinking this. I'm bringing up a bunch of what ifs. WHAT IF the homeowner freaks out to an unexpected package and calls the BOMB SQUAD about this present we left on their doorstep!! HOLY SHIT! I'M GOIN' TO THE POKEY!

Should I go retrieve this stupid jingle gift ???
 
posted by Norman at 2:11 PM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At Saturday, November 24, 2007 6:47:00 PM, Blogger Coffeypot

    Maybe the neighbor never uses the front door and hasn't noticed it, yet. Give it a day or two, then go down and introduce yourself and tell them the story. If it works, it will be a good ice breaker into making new friends. If not, then I will bring you cigarettes and Vaseline twice a month on visitors day.

     
  • At Sunday, November 25, 2007 9:33:00 AM, Blogger Lisa

    I agree with Coffeypot. They may not use their front door very often or think to check there. Or, maybe they were just out of town for the Thanksgiving weekend. Give it a day or two before you decide.

     
  • At Monday, November 26, 2007 3:44:00 AM, Blogger RVVagabond

    I too, agree with Coffeypot and Lisa--our garage was at the rear of our house so we rarely used the front door.

    What a sad thought that we have to worry about bombs on our porch instead of enjoying the surprise of neighbor reaching out in friendship. Too bad the neighborhoods of the 50s and 60s are such a distant memory.

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com