Sunday, February 26, 2006
The Good Ol' Days!
I was watching my older two children argue today. And I was compelled to call my mother and apologize for every single time that my sister and I argued. Ever. She just burst out laughing and told me that her wish had come true. Niiiiiice. But! That's how my family is. We're all snotty like that. But it IS funny how history repeats itself.

One of the bigger arguments that my sister and I had was the Mountain Dew War. We loved Moutain Dew. My mother had actually bought a six pack of it and my sister and I were in hog heaven. One day, we were eating popcorn and decided that Moutain Dew would really taste great with it. My sister offered to go get some. Well - that was a first... HER offering to get something for ME. She came trotting back shortly with the news: Only one can of the Dew was left. What to do?? What to DEW?? She offered to give me A&W Root Beer, but we both wanted Mountain Dew. So I made the suggestion that we SHARE the can. I should have know when she agreed to this suggestion so quickly that something was amiss. But I just chomped on my popcorn, oblivious to the devious workings of my sister's brain. She showed back up, gave me my half of the Mountain Dew, then made a HUGE show of licking her glass all the way around the rim (She cootified it... therefore claiming it all hers). I thanked her politely - and inhaled a mighty draught of the Dew. EEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! PICKLE JUICE!! And it was SOUR pickle juice at that. Oh - I was so freaking mad at her!

I got her back a few years later. She ORDERED me to make some Tang for her and a friend. Now - SHE should have been suspicious when I agreed immediately! I made the Tang, and spiked it with half a bottle of Tabasco sauce. Which turned it an awfully shade of brownish-orange. So I dyed it back to orange. (We always had food coloring in the house - I loved to eat green eggs... HI SAM I AM!). They were really thirsty and chugged about half of their drink before the burning sensations hit them. I think I ran about 2 blocks away from the house before they finally gave up chasing me.

Ahhhh - the good old days.

I was such a stinker to my sister. As I type this, I remember licking all the flavoring off of Sour Cream and Onion Potato Chips and then sticking them back in the bag for her to eat. Or the time she left her glass of milk unattended and I spit some chewed up food in it. She didn't find THAT until she'd already drank the glass of milk. And I wonder why we never got along when we were younger...

But we're friends now, and that's all that matters. It gives me hope that my son will stop trying to drive Ashy insane and they will be good friends forever more!
 
posted by Norman at 7:33 PM | Permalink |


10 Comments:


  • At Sunday, February 26, 2006 8:09:00 PM, Blogger Dari

    first of all for god sake I can't read anything with this "thing" going around the screen. Second EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW yak about the glass of milk (it is still here 08:00 AM)what a way to start the day. loooool

     
  • At Sunday, February 26, 2006 9:00:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    That 'thing' is my way of perpetuating my pestiness. I'm very good at it.

    And just don't ever ask me for a glass of milk!

     
  • At Sunday, February 26, 2006 9:15:00 PM, Blogger Kim

    OH gross! My sister and I are only 17 months apart and we were so mean to each other. She is like less than half my size and can kick the shit out of me too! Probably still today too.

    I love the "thing" floating around!

     
  • At Monday, February 27, 2006 5:17:00 AM, Blogger RVVagabond

    Okay, you were going for the irritating-your-readers-like-you-irritated-your-sister thing with the skating Eskimo, right? You succeeded! Great post about sibling rivalry, though.

     
  • At Monday, February 27, 2006 8:13:00 AM, Blogger Michael

    I had some wild ones with my older brother as well.


    TAke Care
    Michael

     
  • At Monday, February 27, 2006 10:00:00 AM, Blogger Ann

    My brother and I are 3 1/2 years apart. (I am older.) But we still fought like crazy.
    He was pretty little and I convinved him to rinse his toothbrush in the toilet. I had to buy him a new toothbrush after that.
    Once he was bigger than me he could really fight back. One day he held me down and stuffed his dirty socks in my mouth. Lovely, huh?

     
  • At Monday, February 27, 2006 10:49:00 AM, Blogger Nicki

    We fought, but never that bad.

    Well... maybe. To this day, my brother won't eat anything if you even SAY you touched it.

    And I'm on the side that hates that friggin' eskimo

     
  • At Monday, February 27, 2006 7:48:00 PM, Blogger A couple of newer paintings 2019

    My sister is 4 1/2 years older than I am. She credits herself with me being named Sandra. Apparently my parents were going to call me Ethel but even at 4 1/2 she knew she didn't want a little sister named Ethel (even if she didn't like me). I was really a little snot to her. I caught her smoking in her room when she was a teenager and ratted on her. When I was ten I used to wear her bras and stuff them with socks. I threw a fork at her once and almost hit her, I really got what for for that. I was always jealous of her, there was just too much age difference. Now, of course, we're good friends but the younger years were tough ones!

    Sandra

     
  • At Monday, February 27, 2006 7:52:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    Kim - You are like the ONE person that likes it!! LOL --- My sister used to use me as a punching bag. Luckily - we are now pretty good friends. Which is great - cause she's really strong...

    Shelly - your poor little sister!! Why do big sisters need to bash little sisters!? We're delicate ya know!! heheheheee..

    Linda - hey! I just need to show my pesty side every now and then! It's what I excel at.

    Michael - well? tell!

    Ann - ewwwwww!! I totally sympathize with HIM on the toilet-toothbrush, but that's only because my baby cleaned my toilet with my brush! Ewwwww!! So how dirty were his socks?

    Freak - man! See how mean siblings are to each other? You traumatized him by scaring him about his food!

    Stewie - Stupid ass eskimo?! heh - well, it IS kind of annoying... i'll agree. How's the fairy?!

     
  • At Tuesday, February 28, 2006 10:33:00 AM, Blogger HotDudi

    There's 2 1/2 yrs between me & my brother (I'm the youngest) he's still a pain in the ar$e!

    Actually, we used to bicker quite a lot...but we never really argued (he was quite meak & mild). On the few occasions we did fight I'd always push him to the point where he'd actually want to kill me!!! He's strangled me with a belt b4! (we were teenagers!!) He says he doesn't remember doing it...yeah right!

    BTW - Not hating the fairy as much as the eskimo! Does that say something about my personality!?!

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com