Saturday, February 25, 2006
Strange/Weird Stories Part TROIS
In my last strange/weird stories I told you how the maintenance guys SAW what was freaking me out in the unit. I think I left it that we made a mad dash out of there and ran to the more populated part of the nursing home.

Well - when we got there, babbling incoherently about the call lights we pretty much condemned ourselves to ridicule from the other staff. They didn't believe us - and we had to deal with teasing and jokes about us for a while. Then one day I went to work and the tide had turned! HA! I love it when that happens!

It seems the Night Nurse Supervisor needed to make some copies one night. So he went to the business unit and fired up the copy machine. Those things always take a while to warm up. While he was waiting, guess what happened? That's right beyotches - the call light went off. HA! So John (that was his name) decided to go check out the room. Of course when he went in there, it was empty save for some equipment that was being stored in there. He went up to the light board and canceled the call, then started making his copies. He told me he was right in the middle of copying a chart when IT happened.

A blood-curdling SHRIEK just emanated from that room. And the call light went off again. He told me he had all sorts of hairs standing up on every part of his body. But then he calmed down, thinking that maybe an Alzheimer's patient had escaped and was hiding out in the room. He went in there and thoroughly checked out the room (damn - he's braver than I am!) but of course there was nothing. He canceled the light again and hurried to complete the chart. He was in the process of turning off the machine when he heard it again. The SHRIEK. He says that at that point, he shrieked as well and flew out of there.

From that point on - NO ONE would ever enter the business unit alone again.

I was extremely unnerved hearing his story - but at the same time, I was very relieved. The teasing stopped, and people didn't look at me like I was a freak anymore! At least - not openly!
 
posted by Norman at 9:29 AM | Permalink |


15 Comments:


  • At Saturday, February 25, 2006 10:20:00 AM, Blogger Stewie

    This is exactly white people die in horror movies.

    THEY ALWAYS INVESTIGATE WHEN THEY SHOULD LEAVE!

    On a side note, did you turn off your feed? My bookmark isn't updating anymore.

     
  • At Saturday, February 25, 2006 10:25:00 AM, Blogger Dari

    If I were John, I will be running all the way home...RUN, RUN and RUN

     
  • At Saturday, February 25, 2006 10:31:00 AM, Blogger Norman

    Stewie - Oops. Yes - I did turn the feed off, but I did that when I posted the story about my freaky neighbor, cause I didn't want that one to live on in RSS since everyone else read that story when I was mad at my husband after I'd deleted it. I hoped that turning off the feed would PREVENT that from happening,and then I simply forgot to turn it back on. So to make a long explanation short - it's back on now! Thanks for the reminder!

    Dari - I agree! But apparently he just ran ran ran from the unit only. Crazy people...

     
  • At Saturday, February 25, 2006 10:51:00 AM, Blogger Wide Lawns

    Norman Im so glad I found your blog. It encompasses stories about my two favorite subjects - poo and ghosts. There is no other place in the world where I can find these two things in the same place.

     
  • At Saturday, February 25, 2006 10:55:00 AM, Blogger Norman

    Wide lawns - oh my. I really need to watch what I post. But you just made me laugh out loud with your observations.

    On the other hand - maybe I won't watch it. I think I kinda like the distinction of being the only poo and ghost site in the world!

     
  • At Saturday, February 25, 2006 2:55:00 PM, Blogger Nicki

    I say this now because I haven't been there since I was knee-high to a grasshopper, but why do ghosts freak you out? I think it'd be cool.

    Which is why it never happens to me. :( Ghosts don't want to waste their time on me.

     
  • At Saturday, February 25, 2006 4:56:00 PM, Blogger pack of 2

    It sounds scary where you are...I'm staying over here where it is safe!

    Shelly

     
  • At Saturday, February 25, 2006 5:43:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    Freak -

    Ghosts scare me because I'm a weenie.

    Pack of 2 - no... you need to come over here and stay with me. I'm not so scared when someone else is around!

     
  • At Saturday, February 25, 2006 8:17:00 PM, Blogger Dari

    I just noticed, what about this guy floating around the screen, did you just added that?

     
  • At Saturday, February 25, 2006 8:19:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    dari - yes, I just added it because it makes me laugh. I'm playing around with my template. I'll keep him there until he annoys me too much...

     
  • At Saturday, February 25, 2006 10:35:00 PM, Blogger Memphis

    So you're hiding in there screaming at people, eh? Scaring the living poop out of them? Come on, you can tell me.

     
  • At Saturday, February 25, 2006 11:26:00 PM, Blogger pack of 2

    Norman~
    I just wanted to warn you that there is some kind of weird ghost in a brown parka jacket
    floating around your blog.

    YIKES...they really DO follow you everywhere don't they?

    :)

    SHelly

     
  • At Sunday, February 26, 2006 8:49:00 AM, Blogger Spicy Cracker

    oh I get it now... it's you! You're some sort of Median (sp). I have a dead grandpa I'd like to send a message too... smirk.

    Love you always

    SC

    Oh yea... the little bastard on the ice skates kept hovering around the last 3 words of each paragraph I was trying to read.

    hah.. still think it's cute tho

     
  • At Sunday, February 26, 2006 9:11:00 PM, Blogger Kim

    I have to stop reading these just before I go to bed.....next time I see strange/weird story on your title, I am outta here until daytime!

     
  • At Monday, February 27, 2006 8:42:00 PM, Blogger Nap Queen

    That guy has some serious balls. I would have run the first time the light started blinking.

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com