Friday, April 07, 2006
Home again home again jiggity jog
And Jiggity Jog it was coming back tonight!! I arrived in Amarillo, welcomed by 45 mph winds. For some reason, American Airlines loves to fly anyone coming to Amarillo in one of those "Eagles". I think it's also known as a crop duster. So we were pretty much blown all over the sky. I kept spilling my beer on the approach, so I knew the turbulence was pretty bad.

I had a GREAT time in Washington!! Work went AWESOME, and I got some kudos from one of the big BIG dogs at our Headquarters. Me being the smart person that I am - made sure that I told my boss about the 'notice' that I received. YEA!! I'm really hoping that recognition kicks in around raise time...

For fun - I got to see my brother, get a behind the scenes tour of the Pentagon.. (I peeked in the offices of the Secretary of Army!!)

ANNNNDDD... for even MORE fun I got to go play in downtown DC with Freak and Stewie (Stewie even gave his viewpoint of how the evening went... WITH pictures).

I took some pictures myself... which I would like to share!!



Here's Freak. I told her that she needed to give me her best 'Freak Face' and here's what we got.

(Actually - this is what she looked like after 2 "Alberto Make Me Cream!" drinks. )

Alberto Make Me Cream is a made up drink. For awhile we didn't even know what was in it, but I harrassed the bartender enough that he finally gave in and slipped the recipe to us. I told him if we came up with a good name for it, we should get "rights" to the secret recipe. Which Freak has under lock & key now....


Here are Stewie and Mystery Man. I think I freaked Stewie out, because apparently he thinks I'm Wise. HAHAHAHAA!! Fooled another one! Actually - this look on his face is "Shit!!! How many strangers is Norman going to talk to tonight??!!" Stewie also told me that I have apparently broken the cardinal rule of the Metro station by NOT keeping my yap shut on the train.

sheesh. I like to talk.....

Mystery Man is sitting next to Stewie. I would tell you his REAL name, but then he'd find you and kill you. Please note the strategic use of phlange placement to obscure his facial features....


Here's the group shot of Nicki, myself and Stewie. Please note the margarita sitting in front of me!! Seconds before this shot, Nicki and I were stroking each other's leg (thus explaining Stewie's hope that some lesbian action would happen on the table...) This ALSO explains why Stewie's tongue is hanging out of his mouth.

Nicki has promised me a stripper club next time I'm in the area... and I think that sounds SUPER!! I'm going to have to figure out another boondoggle to the area sometime soon!

I had some fun in the Metro on my way home. I got the crazy guy in the seat in front of me to sing along to "John Jacob Jingle Heimer Schmitz!!" I would sing the first part - then he would burst out with LA LA LA LA LA LA !! I don't think Washington Metro riders knew what to make of that... but it was fun!

But I had a blast!! Thank you again Nicki, Stewie and Mystery Man! You guys were a HOOOT!! I'm hoping to convince the Baltimore Bunch to come visit me sometime. I'll show them what TEXAS is all about!!

 
posted by Norman at 7:51 PM | Permalink |


15 Comments:


  • At Friday, April 07, 2006 8:34:00 PM, Blogger Dari

    sounded like you had a lot of fun, I am sure it was a nice break, welcome back, we really missed you all. When is Dubai turn?

     
  • At Friday, April 07, 2006 9:21:00 PM, Blogger Stewie

    OMG you did not do that on the metro!!!!

    YOU BROKE THE RULES!!!

    Here are the metro rules:
    http://www.alienredrum.com/blog/?p=13

    And you broke them.

    Damn you, woman.

    Glad you got some recognition, too, wise one! :)

     
  • At Friday, April 07, 2006 9:21:00 PM, Blogger Stewie

    OH!

    And can you enlarge that third pic, or bounce it to me in email?

    Thanks!

     
  • At Friday, April 07, 2006 9:30:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    i DID do that on the metro... and you KNOW i have the capability of doing that...

    it was fun!

    pics on the way!

     
  • At Friday, April 07, 2006 9:30:00 PM, Blogger Nicki

    Thanks for getting the *hic* recipe out of *hic* that bartender for *hic* me.

    Seriously, we'll have to do it again - I had a blast. And there WILL be Alberto Make Me Creams involved.

    I've decided screw trying to make them one at a time - I'm making a pitcher!

     
  • At Friday, April 07, 2006 9:44:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    LOL - don't forget to e-mail me the recipe!!! I just sent the above photos to you guys, only in bigger format (is that a technical term?)

    You guys have GOT to come here!! We can watch Brokeback & do some shit-kickin'

     
  • At Friday, April 07, 2006 10:59:00 PM, Blogger pack of 2

    Glad you had a fun time.

    We missed you...welcome home:)

    Shelly

     
  • At Saturday, April 08, 2006 6:51:00 AM, Blogger A couple of newer paintings 2019

    Hey Norman, good to have you back. Glad you had a good time in DC and got some recognition to boot.

    We were in Amarillo this week. The planes flew right over and I mean right over our campground (Overnite RV Park). I thought one of them was going to land on my head. Scared the crap out of our dog.

    Question - how much snow do you usually get in the winter where you are? We really liked the Palo Duro Canyon and want to come back and stay there for a while but our travelling can only be done Oct-Apr. Beautiful spot!

    Missed your blogs this week!

    Sandra

     
  • At Saturday, April 08, 2006 7:41:00 AM, Blogger Northwoods Woman

    OMG I swear we are twins! I would do that singing on the train next to a crazy person thing too! You kill me!

     
  • At Saturday, April 08, 2006 9:27:00 AM, Blogger pack of 2

    Yes! Norm's back!

    I used to go to D.C. every couple of months when I lived in TN.(I was a huge American history buff)....I love that city. I went once to the March on Washington for gay and lesbian rights and I remember thinking while I was on the Metro that D.C. was the gay capital of the U.S. for that weekend. It was great!

    So.....lets talk about you rubbing Nicki's leg....hmmmmm....;)!

    Angie

     
  • At Saturday, April 08, 2006 10:16:00 AM, Blogger Cacti to Cornfields

    hey norm - welcome back! sounds like you had a blast! man, i NEED a vacation something fierce.

    hey - i was gonna email this link to you, but looks like your email address was removed from yer blog? anyhoo, you have GOT to check out this link for the george w fling-n-flip screensaver sort of thingie: http://www.planetdan.net/pics/misc/georgie.htm

    i haven't laughed THAT hard in quite some time!!! have fun!

    www.cactitocornfields.blogspot.com

     
  • At Saturday, April 08, 2006 1:49:00 PM, Blogger Mise en Place

    Now THAT is what I call a business trip. Glad you had a great time but it's good to have you back. :):)

    Great pictures.

     
  • At Sunday, April 09, 2006 11:48:00 AM, Blogger Greg

    Glad that you had a great time and you got back in one piece. :)

    Peace

     
  • At Monday, April 10, 2006 6:41:00 AM, Blogger Snooze

    Sounds like a fantastic trip! I want the recipe to the drink as well.

     
  • At Monday, April 10, 2006 1:37:00 PM, Blogger HotDudi

    I'm guessing u had a good time huh!?! ;-P

    Great to have u back :-)

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com