Sunday, April 23, 2006
Poor Suckers
Don't you just hate it when you see someone attempting to scam others? It bugs the living shit out of me. However - I just can't seem to bring myself to call them on it becaaaaaaausse... it's NOMB.

NOMB? None of My Business

I wasn't invited to this particular blog by someone actively seeking my money, or by someone wanting my input. I just 'stumbled' across it while hitting the 'next blog' button, which I'm apt to do when I'm looking for blog fodder. (yes - sometimes I run out of ideas and scan the blogosphere for inspiration... shhhh!!!)

But this person just IRKS ME. They've IRKED me so much that I've bookmarked them so I can go back every day to see if they've bamboozled any other people. And she/he has.

OK. Without giving out the details of this persons blog name or their blog address, I'll just 'sketch' in the details...

What they've done, is set themselves up as an artist. Then - they ask you to send in your favorite photo of a child/person/pet/house/ whatever... whatever image you would like a pencil sketch of, HANDDRAWN. Then, she/he charges a price and sends you a nifty pencil sketch of your photo.... except - I'm looking at these photos, and with the exception of VERY FEW, they all look like scanned in, and then they just simply used the Graphic Pen effect on Microsoft Photo Editor to change the image from a color photo to the 'finished product' that they then market as their OWN ARTWORK. I'm telling you... there's NO WAY NO WAY at all you can get the same effect from if it were in fact, hand drawn.

This is a SHYSTER!! A SNAKE OIL SALESMAN!! A FLIM-FLAM MAN!!

and that's all I have to say about that...
 
posted by Norman at 7:52 PM | Permalink |


10 Comments:


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com