Thursday, April 13, 2006
What in the world...(Ghost Post!)
My husband ran to Wally World for a little bit tonight, and I stayed with the kids since they were in bed. I was farting around on the 'net, when I heard the ....tiff tiff tiff... sound that freaks me out so very badly. I always hear that noise when I'm by myself. Sounds exactly like someone is walking up behind me. I'm also always very scared to whirl around and see who it is, because (a) I don't think I really want to know who it is and(b) what if I need to go to the bathroom when I whirl around and then OOPSIE.....

But I whirled around anyway and of course no one was there. So I chalked it up to me being a big old baby and kept playing Bejewled 2. I was ITCHING to turn around because it was just so eerie after hearing that noise. I finally worked up he nerve the next time I heard it, and spun around in the chair. Nuthin'. Of course. But I still couldn't stop the goosebumps. I reached over and turned the tv up louder so I wouldn't hear it. Then a hand touched my shoulder. I almost pooped myself. But it was Ashton. She had something to tell me. So once I peeled myself off the ceiling, I was ready to listen to her. "Mommy - it sounds like someone is walking into my room. Everytime I close my eyes I can hear it, but no one is there."

"OH!! HAHAAA!! YOU SILLY THING! OF COURSE THERE IS NOTHING WALKING AROUND IN YOUR ROOM... YOU MUST BE IMAGINING THINGS" I'm wondering if she can tell I'm lying. But she kept insisting that someone was walking around in her room. So we went to go check it out. We looked under the bed, and in the closet. All the normal places. I put her back in her bed and shut off the light. Ethan began calling me. "Mommy... that man went into my closet again. Make him leave."

I wish I could............
 
posted by Norman at 8:35 PM | Permalink |


10 Comments:


  • At Friday, April 14, 2006 4:02:00 AM, Blogger Greg

    Norman this is right about the time in the horror movies where you are supposed to running out of the house.
    Have you looked into having those two guys from the Scifi channel who investigate ghost come to your house?
    Ghost Hunters I think the show is called.

    Peace

     
  • At Friday, April 14, 2006 5:03:00 AM, Blogger RVVagabond

    I'm with Greg-when the kids can "see" the ghost it's time to get pro-active. At least he/it doesn't seem to be too malignant but whoever it was sure needs some peace.

     
  • At Friday, April 14, 2006 5:20:00 AM, Blogger Michael

    Maybe if you ask him what he wants he'll tell you.

    Take Care
    Michael

     
  • At Friday, April 14, 2006 7:15:00 AM, Blogger Wide Lawns

    Oh My God! That was the scariest one so far. In all the scary movies its always the kids who can see the ghost first! Your son must be extremely brave to stay in a room with a man in the closet. I am not so brave.

     
  • At Friday, April 14, 2006 7:37:00 AM, Blogger Norman

    Greg - LOL. Those guys are so full of shit!! They are BOGUS!

    Linda - apparently - they've told me before that they've seen him, but that he doesn't hurt them.

    Michael - what if he answers?

    Wide Lawns - Nah, he ends up in OUR room almost everynight night.


    EVERYONE - I'm gone! I've gone out of town for Easter. See ya Sunday!

     
  • At Friday, April 14, 2006 3:02:00 PM, Blogger Snooze

    I would have moved that night. I agree that you need to get some form of ghost buster in there.

     
  • At Sunday, April 16, 2006 7:03:00 AM, Blogger HotDudi

    Good god...what r u waiting for!?!

    GET OUT WOMAN!!! Take the kids & run as far away from that house as u possibly can!

    I mean...I'm not scared or anything...really I'm not...!

    Can ghosts travel through the internet!?! I might not come back just in case!

     
  • At Sunday, April 16, 2006 7:43:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    Snooze - I had a shaman lined up to come to my house, but then I got told that Shaman's aren't "ghost cleaners"... so I'm back to square one. Although... I do have the number of a really good psychic!

    Stewie - I'm not white. I'm an albino black person. Couldn't you tell?

    HotDudi - I'm waiting to see if my husband will take this job down in San Antonio so we can SELL THIS HOUSE! I don't know if ghosts could travel the 'net. If they do - I'm screwed.

     
  • At Tuesday, September 12, 2006 9:50:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I think we must be related. The women in my family are so similar, and we have so many similar stories.
    If you're not too scared (I was at first) pick up a copy of haunted America. It's a complilation of the scariest true stories of haunted houses in America. The middle class family home stories are easily the most terrifying, much worse than the campy stories of old civil war ghosts in Southern Inns and what not.
    Best of luck with the ghosties, I know from experience that while it may be entertaining in a blog, it's an extremely emotionally and physically draning ordeal, and it can drive you mad. Keep your head up and do whatever you can to keep positive energy flowing in your house.
    -Kate

     
  • At Monday, October 09, 2006 5:12:00 AM, Blogger Kathy

    There are many, many paranormal teams that are legit and not as hokey as TAPS on SciFi. Just google and look for one in your area.
    I am a member of one in NorthWest Oklahoma, check us out
    www.eerieok.com maybe our team leader knows someone in your area that can help.

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com