Monday, April 10, 2006
It's a miracle
Someguy101 has updated his blog... it's been at least a MONTH, so maybe he's on a roll. He's also graced us with his picture. Yes, all you females out there... that's my husband. Stand back - he's ALL MINE. *sobs hysterically*

My pink eye is somewhat better. It's no longer pink. Now it's just swollen. So now I've only got Popeye Eye. I feel like eating spinach...

Sorry for the brief post, but my husband and I have a MAJOR LIFE CHANGING DECISION to make. No - I'm not pregnant, but it involves moving. To a different town. And me quitting an awesome job. Scary stuff like that.

He's leaving tomorrow to go scope out this opportunity. I must say that moving to the town where I grew up would be FANTASTIC... but (and there's always a but), I sure would hate to give up my job. AND - there's no friggin' way I'd find a job in the new town where I'd be doing what I do here, and making what I make here. I told him that this new opportunity better come through with the cashola if we're going to move. And how.

As with any decision - there's pros and cons. But I'm going to try to reason it out OFF the blog so as not to bore you.

So I'll leave you with this:


The pharmacist walks into the store to find a guy leaning heavily against a wall. He asks the blonde clerk "What's with that guy over there by the wall?" The blonde clerk responds: "Well, he came in here this morning to get something for his cough. I couldn't find the cough syrup, so I gave him an entire bottle of laxative." The pharmacist yells: "You idiot! You can't treat a cough with a laxative!" The blonde clerk responds, "Of course you can! Look at him, he's afraid to cough."

****************************************************************************
According to a news report, a certain school in Garden City, MI was recently faced with a unique problem. A number of 12-year-old girls were beginning to use lipstick and would put it on in the washroom. That was fine, but after they put on their lipstick they would press their lips to the mirror leaving dozens of little lip prints. Every night, the maintenance man would remove them and the next day, the girls would put them back. Finally the principal decided that something had to be done. He called all the girls to the washroom and met them there with the maintenance man. He explained that all these lip prints were causing a major problem for the custodian who had to clean the mirrors every night.To demonstrate how difficult it had been to clean the mirrors, he asked the maintenance man to show the girls how much effort was required. The maintenance man took out a long-handled squeegee, dipped it in the toilet bowl, and cleaned the mirror with it. Since then, there have been no lip prints on the mirror.
 
posted by Norman at 7:50 PM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At Monday, April 10, 2006 8:30:00 PM, Blogger Kim

    Good luck with your decision. That is what we did 5 months ago when we left TX. It was back to my hometown for a wonderful job for my husband. I got the luxury of being able to stay home with our son (so far anyway). By the time the offer came through (almost 4 months later) we knew exactly what we were doing and that we would go, it was just the waiting that was agony.

    My Dad told me through all of this that there really is no wrong decision. You might not think it was the best one once you got there, but it isn't wrong. You just go from there.

    Good luck!

     
  • At Tuesday, April 11, 2006 5:29:00 AM, Blogger Michael

    You're a smarty so the best decision will be made.

    Loved the cough medicine joke.

    Take Care
    Michael

     
  • At Tuesday, April 11, 2006 7:39:00 AM, Blogger Monogram Queen

    I hope you make the decision that is best for you and your family. Loved the cough medecine joke too!Hee!

     
  • At Tuesday, April 11, 2006 5:49:00 PM, Blogger Nicki

    Does that mean no more visiting? Did Stewie and I scare you so much that you're devising an intricate plot so you don't have to hang out next time you're up this way?

    SCREW YOU, NORMAN!!!!!


    ;-p Good luck with the decision. Like Kim said, there's no wrong decision. And the best decision isn't always the easiest

     
  • At Tuesday, April 11, 2006 7:59:00 PM, Blogger Mise en Place

    Yikes, moving and finding new work...that's never fun. But who knows, it could be a great thing.

    Love the jokes.

     
  • At Tuesday, April 11, 2006 9:50:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    Michael - thanks!! it really is a toughie

    patticake - want some cough medicine?? LOL

    Freak - ya'll scared me??!! NOT!! LOL Actually - the job decision is to move down to San Antonio, OR hold out here, get my degree and move to YOUR neck of the woods... so who's scared NOW?

    Momyblogr - Nope. Never fun. I hate starting new jobs. I just hope we make the right decision!

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com