Thursday, June 29, 2006
Blogger Block
The past couple of days I've been blaming the lack of original posts on the pain in my ear. So now my ear doesn't hurt anymore, and I guess I have to admit that I have the dreaded Blogger's Block. I know I'm not the only one. I've seen lots of you guys talk about being in a funk and not knowing what to post. I myself, have nothing to post, but I don't want to just not type something. I have to say SOMETHING. I need to be heard! I just don't know what I have to say that's worth hearing... but dammit - I'll spout something out. This one post may very well be the "Seinfeld" post. You know - the post about Nothing. Cause that's what I have ... Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. I mean... I could post pictures of me as a little kid - but then I would be subjecting you to views like this:

Ack. Check. out. that. dress. This was Christmas when I was four. I actually ASKED for that dress, because I wanted to be just like Laura Ingalls Wilder. Never mind that I have NO HAIR. This is a natural occurrence after your 6 year old sister convinces you to play "Beauty Shop" with real scissors. And the rug?? Did you notice the Austin Powers orange shag rug that is clashing ever so violently with my aqua Not-Very-Little-House-On-the-Prairie looking dress? Yep. That's the 70's for you. High fashion sense abounded then... let me tell you.

But yeah... I have nothing to post. So I'll leave you with yet ANOTHER joke received in my e-mail...

A man and his wife were spending the day at the zoo. She was wearing a loose fitting, pink dress, sleeveless with straps. He was wearing his usual jeans and T-shirt. As they walked through the ape exhibit, they passed in front of a large, silverback gorilla.Noticing the wife, the gorilla went crazy. He jumped on the bars, andHolding on with one hand and 2 feet he grunted and pounded his chest with his free hand. He was obviously excited at the pretty lady in the pink dress.The husband, noticing the excitement, thought this was funny. He suggested that his wife tease the poor fellow some more by puckering her lips and wiggling her bottom. She played along and the gorilla got even more excited, making noises that would wake the dead. Then the husband suggested that she let one of her straps fall to show a little more skin.She did... And the gorilla was about to tear the bars down."Now... Show your thighs and sort of fan your dress at him," he said. This drove the gorilla absolutely crazy, and he started doing flips.Then the husband grabbed his wife, ripped open the door to the cage, flung her in with the gorilla and slammed the cage door shut."Now. Tell him you have a headache."

**Quick Edit**

Yeah, I know I just posted about not having anything to say and then I hop back on here to say yet more nothing... but I have a question, Why is it that sometimes when you light a cigarette it smells like weed? I swear, I just lit one, and I thought I was gonna have to turn on Reggae music and wear a Jamaican hat. I'm just sayin'.

 
posted by Norman at 8:15 PM | Permalink |


10 Comments:


  • At Thursday, June 29, 2006 8:41:00 PM, Blogger Tammy

    When I saw that pic, the first thing that entered my mind was Laura Ingals. Then you said it too. Ha!

     
  • At Thursday, June 29, 2006 8:56:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    Ha! I wanted to BE Laura Ingalls sooooo bad and beat the shit out of Nellie Olson.

     
  • At Thursday, June 29, 2006 11:24:00 PM, Blogger pack of 2

    Because it's the joint you rolled and put in your cig pack....you just forgot about it.;)

    We quit smoking two days ago. IT SUCKS!!!! I miss them so......

    Angie

     
  • At Thursday, June 29, 2006 11:39:00 PM, Blogger Dari

    I guess 20 years ago we all were different people and the gorilla thing was very funny..........we demand more

     
  • At Friday, June 30, 2006 6:48:00 AM, Blogger Vety

    that was a funny joke! You know all you needed were the braids and there you were...Laura Ingalls. I still love that show. I didn't see all the episodes, so when I can I watch a couple of episodes, cry every time. Michael Landon was the best dad!

     
  • At Friday, June 30, 2006 2:28:00 PM, Blogger Spicy Cracker

    I had a dolly that had that dress! You would pull a string and she would grow.

     
  • At Friday, June 30, 2006 5:38:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    Angie - NOT!!! I am not able to partake in the joys of teh weed. We have surprise pee tests at work. I've already been hit with 4 this year....

    Dari - You're a gorilla? I thought you were a snail?

    Rants - I loved that joke! And while I don't cry while watching Little House, I do get teary thinking of how Pa is dead...

    Spicy - oh my god. I loved that dress. I thought it was awesome. But seriously, if you pulled one of my strings - I wouldn't grow. You don't want to pull MY strings!! (ewwwww!!!)

     
  • At Friday, June 30, 2006 5:57:00 PM, Blogger Nicki

    And how, young lady, do you know what weed smells like?

    And you look like the bastard love child of Laura Ingalls and Mia Farrow.

     
  • At Saturday, July 01, 2006 9:19:00 AM, Blogger Norman

    Freak - I know what it smells like 'cause I've been to a "Ratt" concert before. Yeah. That's how.

    And Laura Ingalls and Mia Farrow?? My life is now complete!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    norm

     
  • At Saturday, July 01, 2006 9:53:00 PM, Blogger Stewie

    I used to have a crush on Laura's older sister.

    Didn't she go blind or something after the big fire of '65?

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com