Wednesday, July 26, 2006
Wearing sexy panties makes me feel SPECIAL all day
Have you guys ever thought about things that scare you? Obviously, my ghost scares the living wackies out of me, but I wanted to know what else scared me. I mean - I never really THOUGHT about it before. I just react when the damn things occur. But here's my list of scary stuff:

1. Ghosts - This is for obvious reasons. You guys familiar with my ghost posts should KNOW this by now. If you haven't read my ghost posts - there's a purple blinkie in my sidebar so you can catch up on it.

2. Spiders - Ewwww!! These scare me. Again - I had an *incident* that involved me stripping in front of my parents like a 2 year old and screaming hysterically. This was just last year. I also blogged about that one.

3. Crawly bugs - This could quite possibly fall under the "spider" category, but I felt obliged to give them their own place because spiders have 8 legs, and crawly bugs can have ANY FREAKING NUMBER OF LEGS. Kinda like the frickin' millipede that decided to crawl into my shoe and die (how's that for a statement, my foot stink causes bugs to die). The damn thing - when it was alive had to have been about 8 inches long. But yeah, if you're wondering, I didn't find it until AFTER I had jammed my foot into it. And my foot hurt for awhile afterwards because I felt it was NECESSARY to boil my foot with Lysol.

4. Balloons popping - just turns me inside out when it happens. I jump about a mile in the air, and if someone threatens to pop one in front of me, I basically start begging them to not do it while I clamp my hands over my ears.

5. Stuffed animals - Uh-huh. I blogged about this one too. I think maybe I watched Child's Play one too many times. I mean, that could be the excuse I use - but nah. That's not the reason. I remember being freaked out by them when I was a kiddo as well.

6. Carnies - Just freak me the hell out. Such very strange people. I would like to say that Circus People and Stage Performers (like Cirque du Soleil) tend to scare me as well. But not clowns. I like clowns! (Unless it's the damn clown from the movie "Fear of Clowns" or "It")

7. Becoming abnormally large - I just have this fear that one day I'm going to end up like that woman in the movie "What's Eating Gilbert Grape". I can totally see it happening! That's why I flipping out over the 10 extra pounds I lug around.

8. Being alone - Cause of the ghosts of course. My husband had BETTER freaking die AFTER me.

9. Snakes - Did I mention that there are snakes at my work? Like big old 8 foot rattlers? That like to curl up outside my office door and wait for me to walk out so they can rattle at me? **shuddering***

10. Swimming in the ocean - I've been in the ocean. I have literally FELT things bump into my leg as they've swam by. The water in the Texas Gulf Coast is murky brown, so you can't really see what's sniffing your leg. So I now prefer to stay OUT of large bodies of water. Besides - who hasn't seen Jaws?


OK. That's my scaredy cat list. Obviously - you're wondering why the hell I titled the post like I did. I just did it for grins.

Norman!
 
posted by Norman at 7:02 PM | Permalink |


14 Comments:


  • At Wednesday, July 26, 2006 7:49:00 PM, Blogger Heather Jane

    Ooooh! Good idea for a post!

    I'm with you on the exploding ballons thing for sure - and I am hard of hearing, which means it's louder for you than for me and I still beg for mercy at the hands of a toddler with a balloon in tow.

    I wish you would blog more - dang those kids and that hubby of yours taking up all your blog time, oh and that ghost... can't they see the needs of others? ( ahem, *me.)

     
  • At Wednesday, July 26, 2006 7:51:00 PM, Blogger Cacti to Cornfields

    har har! i just recently wrote a couple posts about carnies AND clowns... two of my most unfavorite things! check it out if you want, and say hi! here's the linky loo: http://cactuscorn.blogspot.com/

     
  • At Wednesday, July 26, 2006 7:53:00 PM, Blogger pack of 2

    I'm with you on the large body of water thing. My bad experiences were also in TX (Galveston)& I was stung by jellyfish & bit by a crab.
    I do not swim with animals...only in a pool.

    And bees scare me...not so much crawly bugs...Ang is with you on that spider thing.

    S

     
  • At Thursday, July 27, 2006 12:53:00 AM, Blogger Dari

    being alone will freak me most apart from when my mother in law used to vist us (I wonder is there is a living guy who ever loved his mother in law; also I don't like swimming in the occean.

    THe rest I don't mind being around.

     
  • At Thursday, July 27, 2006 3:00:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I realised Iwas 30k, 31K and 33k, not 32k as I stated yesterday...

    I'm disapointed about the prize, bt I suppose I'll have to live with it.

    If I get 40k can you send me and I am Norman mug? My current office mug is plain pastel green (I didn't choose it - it's our company colours....) so I'd like a new mug.

    If you do send a mug with 'I am Norman' on it what ever you do don't use the strap line "Wearing sexy panties makes me feel SPECIAL all day" as this may worry my colleqes

     
  • At Thursday, July 27, 2006 4:15:00 AM, Blogger RVVagabond

    Hey! You forgot rabid bunnies!

     
  • At Thursday, July 27, 2006 9:45:00 AM, Blogger Michael

    Got me grinning.


    Take Care
    Michael

     
  • At Thursday, July 27, 2006 12:51:00 PM, Blogger Ace

    Bugs. Ick.

    Heights. Yurf.

    Well, not so much heights, as falling from heights. Not even landing, just falling.

    Dying old and alone.

    There, I think that's it. Maybe failure.

    Oh, and sharks. Fascinating, but scary. Unlike, say, meerkats, which are fascinating thoroughly unintimidating. So I'll probably get eaten by one of THOSE.

     
  • At Thursday, July 27, 2006 2:52:00 PM, Blogger Nap Queen

    Oooo, swimming in the ocean---eeeeek!!! No thanks. Unless the water is crystal clear, count me out.

    Oh, and amen on the stuffed animals. Ick. Hate those and dolls.

    Flying. Scared to death of flying.

     
  • At Thursday, July 27, 2006 3:18:00 PM, Blogger Stewie

    Marrying a cat lady.

     
  • At Thursday, July 27, 2006 3:58:00 PM, Blogger Nicki

    Mmmm, if I see you in those sexy panties, I'll be sure to scare them right off of you.

    I've had balloons pop in a small, unfurnished and uncarpeted room, where the sounds echo. It was freaking awful. To this day I'm afraid of teh pop.

     
  • At Sunday, July 30, 2006 8:03:00 PM, Blogger Janet

    William Shatner scares me, but I dont know if that was the type of thing you were going for.:)

     
  • At Monday, July 31, 2006 7:43:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    OOoo!!! William Shatner IS very scary!!

     
  • At Thursday, August 24, 2017 7:44:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    love wearing my panties

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com