Wednesday, August 02, 2006
Ooops. My bad...
I had a shock this morning and it was all my fault! There. I don't say that often, and I trust you guys won't tell my husband I said that? You know what happened?!! I was late to work AGAIN this morning. That's two days in a row. BUT! As always, I have an excuse!

When I was getting ready to leave, I opened the door to the garage, and started trying to herd the dogs outside. Usually they run right outside but not this morning. They were just huddling at the door and growling. So I tried to nudge them out, but they wouldn't move. I couldn't figure out what the problem was so I stepped out in the garage and tried to call them to me. Nuttin' doin. I was about to walk back in the house and DRAG them out - when the OTHER growling started. I turned around to see what the hell was going on, and that's when I saw IT. The World's Largest Rat! In my garage! But then I looked closer at it (after backing up to be closer to the dogs) and noticed that this rat had squirmy things on it. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! IT'S A POSSUM!!! WITH BABIES!!!!!!! IN MY GARAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND IT'S PISSED AT ME!!!!!

I scrambled back into the house, and shut the door. I peeked out of the glass in the patio door and quickly figured out how this nasty rat looking creature ended up in my garage. Apparently - I forgot to put the doggy door down last night, and the stupid thing waltzed right in and was eating the dog food that we keep in the garage. I disturbed it, and it was being defensive of its babies (that were on it's BACK! ICK!!) So it's my fault that we had the call of the wild in our garage last night. And I've also decided that we have wimpy dogs cause they wouldn't scare it off. And whoever said that possums play dead was LYING!! That stupid thing was MEAN!

I finally cracked the door open, eased my arm out and hit the garage door button. It ran away and I was able to get the dogs out of the house and on my way to work. And that's why I was late.

You know what? My husband is out of town on business tonight, and I'm alone. I'M SCARED!! I hate it when he leaves!! Oh sure - I've got the kids with me, but what are they gonna do when the ghost shows up? They're going to look to ME to save them. I'm sure I'll be a whimpering lump. Poor kids. My hubby better get back home FAST tomorrow! Thank God it's just for tonight!!

OK chickees. I'm off to take some Sominex so that I'll be nice and tired and actually fall asleep.

Toodles!
 
posted by Norman at 7:24 PM | Permalink |


9 Comments:


  • At Wednesday, August 02, 2006 9:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hey my first time being first!!! :)

    OMG Norm I would have screamed bloody murder and ran crying!! How does stuff like this happen to you??

    Good luck tonight! I'll be thinking of ghostbusters for you so that the ghost gets scared away...or at least laugh so hard at the thought that he will find no need to even bother you! Good luck!

     
  • At Thursday, August 03, 2006 3:39:00 AM, Blogger Michael Colvin

    Hello Norman!

    I just found your blog a few days ago and I love reading your stuff.

    With regard to your ghost problem. You haven't got any Stephen King books lying around have you? You do know they should always be kept in the freezer? Just a thought.

     
  • At Thursday, August 03, 2006 8:19:00 AM, Blogger Heather Jane

    Hey lady
    This possum story was totally Hollywood - actually your entire blog reads BLOCKBUSTER ( ok and maybe of the National Lampoon kind)... you should really think about this.

    Make some damn money off that ghost of yours.

     
  • At Thursday, August 03, 2006 8:31:00 AM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography

    Yuck yuck and yuck...possums are nasty!

    Hope you are able to get some sleep!

     
  • At Thursday, August 03, 2006 12:53:00 PM, Blogger Ace

    And to think, I just read a story in a magazine about a woman home alone who gets attacked by burglars, and her baby can control spiders and uses them to kill the burglars and save her mommy.

     
  • At Thursday, August 03, 2006 4:51:00 PM, Blogger Cacti to Cornfields

    HOT DIGGETY! You sure do always have a good story to tell! Possums ARE mean and they have razor-sharp teeth! (And apparently, are not as stupid as you think because the damn thing knew where the food was!) Think your ghost might have coaxed it in during your hubby's absence to try and "mix things up" a little?

     
  • At Friday, August 04, 2006 9:58:00 AM, Blogger Nicki

    You want I should come over and hold you tight in case the ghost shows up?

     
  • At Friday, August 04, 2006 7:32:00 PM, Blogger Northwoods Woman

    I love you Norm!

     
  • At Monday, August 21, 2006 9:35:00 AM, Blogger Dari

    oh my god, I left Dubai for a three weeks training in UK and I just came back and it looks like I had missed so much and have soo much to read.......I wonder why I did not get any e-mails from your posts???? SOB

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com