Thursday, January 19, 2006
Tagged Squared
Hey!! I got tagged twice in one day!! Woohoo!! I feel so - desireable... OOOO YEA!

Ok. First up is Daydream Believer with the Six Degrees game.

It works like this:

"Link yourself within six steps to anyone famous."

Alright. So - if I understand this correctly, I can only go six steps away from myself.. example - 'I'm the mother of superstars!" would be one step away from myself... but "My best friend's father's uncle's mother's grandmother's aunt's best friend's nephew" would be tooooo far away as it is 8 steps away... got it?

So here are mine:

*I drank beer once with Joan Jett (she's really cool & down to earth - NOT stuck on herself at all..)
*I'm a descendant of Sacagawea
*My boss's boss's boss's boss is the President of the United States (heh... figure THAT one out! AND - it counts because I'm four steps away)
*I bought cigarettes for Huey Lewis once (Huey Lewis and the News). He smokes Marlboro Menthols... blech!
*I stood behind George Strait at the grocery store once
*My husband's grandmother is related to Margaret Mitchell (Gone with the Wind)
*My husband's grandfather is the half-brother of Willie Nelson (and yes - they do look alike)

CORI tagged me next with Christine's Meme creation (yeah - I recognized it Cori!! LOL)

1. Hum a jingle of which you know all the words. LOUDER!!

Ok, now write it down so we can remember it too.

What walks down stairs, alone or in pairs, and makes a slinkity sound? A spring, a spring, a marvelous thing! Everyone knows it's Slinky. It's Slinky, it's Slinky, it's fun, it's a wonderful toy. It's Slinky, it's Slinky, it's fun for a girl or a boy!!!!!!!!!!

2. As a kid, you played a board game over and over. And you cheated you little bastard. What was the game?

Yeah I cheated!! I cheated at Chutes & Ladders. I would always spin the little spinny thing to make sure I landed on the square with the BIG ladder, that goes all the way up from square number 28 to square number 84!! I also cheated at Candy Land. I always stacked the deck so I got all the double colors and picture cards!

3. What is the name of the song that you have been singing the incorrect words all these years? What were you singing? What should you have been singing?

Yes - I've been singing a song incorrectly, and I'm STILL doing it, because I still don't know what the hell is being sung:

So here it is... this is what I sing when I hear "Blinded by the Light" (and I KNOW I'm not the only one singing this lyric:

Blinded by the light!
Wrapped up like a douche
and he's a'runnin' up my thigh!...
4. What is the most embarrassing childhood story that your parents drag out just to fuck with you for their own private amusement.

Um.... I don't know??? I guess it would be the time when I was three years old and I got ARRESTED... yes - you read that right, ARRESTED at 3 years old for vandalizing a guy's brand new corvette. I started early *grin*.

TADA! So - I tag whoever wants to play. Pick one, pick both! But let me know if you did it!

NORM!
 
posted by Norman at 7:19 PM | Permalink |


11 Comments:


  • At Thursday, January 19, 2006 8:47:00 PM, Blogger Cori

    *screeches* Three??? You were arrested at THREE??? You're so my hero!

    Try this: "Blinded by the light
    Revved up like a deuce,
    Another runner in the night."

    Thanks for being such a good sport. Look how popular you get when you delurk!

     
  • At Thursday, January 19, 2006 8:59:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    ...revved up like a deuce??

    wtf does that mean!!???

    I think I like my version better!! But thanks for enlightening me!!

    NORM!

     
  • At Friday, January 20, 2006 12:07:00 AM, Blogger Daydream believer

    Norm! ya outdid yourself lol...you are too funny! Thanks for playing TWICE. You are a good sport.

     
  • At Friday, January 20, 2006 6:13:00 AM, Blogger Greg the Surly

    Joan Jett was Hot. Did you get her number?

     
  • At Friday, January 20, 2006 8:29:00 AM, Blogger Tammy

    Damn, I hate when I get wrapped up like a douche!

     
  • At Friday, January 20, 2006 11:22:00 AM, Blogger Unknown

    Corvette drivers *usually* deserve it. You must have had a good sense for people's character at an early age!

     
  • At Friday, January 20, 2006 12:33:00 PM, Blogger pack of 2

    wrapped up like a douche...LMAO!!!

    arrested at three??? I love it!!! You could be my twin. I never have been arrested but it wasn't from lack of trying:)

    Great lists!

    Shelly

     
  • At Friday, January 20, 2006 12:34:00 PM, Blogger Stormieweather

    I can't believe you are 6 steps away from that many famous people - I'm around 51 steps away - unless you count Jennifer Aniston (from previous post), my comment was just steps away from hers :).
    What song is "Blinded by the light..." I always screw up the song "Come on Ilene"

     
  • At Friday, January 20, 2006 6:41:00 PM, Blogger Nicki

    Norm, a deuce is a car, duh.

    "Little Deuce Coupe" ring a bell, darlin'?

     
  • At Friday, January 20, 2006 6:42:00 PM, Blogger Nicki

    Yeah, I have to think about it everytime I hear it.

     
  • At Friday, January 20, 2006 9:15:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    daydream - thank YOU! That was a fun one!

    Greg- no... she's really very cool though. And I was about 6 inches taller than her!! (I'm 5'3")

    Tammy - Yeah!!! And the vinegar ones makes my eyes water. I much prefer getting wrapped in the sprintime fresh douche

    Kept Woman - I don't remember!! I actually thought I was doing him a favor .. or at least that's what my parents tell me. They still have the police report *somewhere*. I saw it once. I was 'released' into my parent's custody. imagine that

    Shelly - yes chicky - we're muy simpatico!!

    Stormie - Blinded by the Light was my very favorite song way back in the 70's. My hubby's fav song is Come on Eileen. You should see him dance to it...

    Freak - OOOOOHHHH!!! I never knew that! I never knew that!! I lurnd sumting tooday ma!!!

    norman!

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com