Wednesday, October 11, 2006
Complete and total EDIT
OK. This is just a complete and total edit of my self-absorbed little post of why I go no comments down below.

Suddenly - it just doesn't matter

My mom just called - she is on her way to my sister's. My 3 year old nephew was suddenly admitted to the hospital today.

We have no clue what is going on. The only thing we know is that he started limping this morning, then his foot swelled up and became discolored. My sister brought him to the doctor. At this point - I don't know if they found an insect bite or what. All I know is that the doctor sent her to an orthopedist, and he admitted my nephew to the hospital and stuck him on an antibiotic drip.

What is going on? I asked my mom if they found *something* to explain this, and she said that my sister was in the dark about the whole thing as well.

I've been trying to call my sister, but she's not answering her cell phone, or home phone.

I'm just worried sick now. My stomach is tied up in knots. Anybody have any ideas?? Anyone? Please?

**ok - a couple theories being thrown around right now are Osteomylitis and Mercury Poisoning.

We'll know more tomorrow - he's having an MRI in the morning. If the results are inconclusive and his foot doesn't show signs of getting better by Friday - they will operate.

So I'm off to bed in case I need to make a 9 hour roadtrip tomorrow.

Thanks for the support you guys!! Ya'll are awesome...
 
posted by Norman at 6:51 PM | Permalink |


12 Comments:


  • At Wednesday, October 11, 2006 7:38:00 PM, Blogger Kim

    Oh Norm, I love your blog. I just sometimes don't have time to comment.....Little Man is at my feet pulling me away. He hates when I sit at the computer. And since I started working, I don't check as often as I used to.

    Blogworld loves you, don't fret!

     
  • At Wednesday, October 11, 2006 7:40:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Norman, I was actually going to send you an email saying I was having issues, but then figured it was just user error on my end. ;) Glad to see we can comment again!

    I hope all is well with your nephew.

     
  • At Wednesday, October 11, 2006 7:44:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    Kim,Stacie - Not to worry. I'm always kidding around when I comment about my comments. I know people have real lives.

    I'm just so worried about my sweet little nephew right now.

     
  • At Wednesday, October 11, 2006 7:45:00 PM, Blogger Spicy Cracker

    I commented a couple of times and it just wiped them out over and over. I hope he is ok. You're in my thoughts, call if you need too anytime!

     
  • At Wednesday, October 11, 2006 8:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I enjoy your blog very much. You're so witty, I just usually don't feel I can add anything or comment anything that is up to your wit!

    All the best with your nephew.

    Sandra

     
  • At Thursday, October 12, 2006 7:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Oh Norm, I'll be praying for him and your sister. Poor little guy I hope he's ok. Please let us know how he's doing, I'll be checking back in. He'll be ok, you'll see.

     
  • At Thursday, October 12, 2006 9:29:00 AM, Blogger The Meganekko

    Your nephew will be in my prayers. I hope he ends up Ok.

     
  • At Thursday, October 12, 2006 11:12:00 AM, Blogger Dari

    Norman, this blog is my daily dosage of power, every morning I start the day reading it; however many times I don't have the time to write anything.....meetings, meetings and meetings...your blog remains the best, keep it going please

     
  • At Thursday, October 12, 2006 11:20:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Babes are resiliant. He'll be okay. It is the not knowing that is hard.
    Be calm for sis and give the kiddittle a big squeeze next time you see him. Sometimes a scare like this is good to remind us how much we value those we love.

     
  • At Thursday, October 12, 2006 2:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Waiting to hear the good news that he's better.
    I'm a lurker, sorry, but I also can't think of anything remotely witty compared to what you write!! I just keep coming back for more!!

     
  • At Thursday, October 12, 2006 5:20:00 PM, Blogger Kim

    OMG!!! I was tuning back into to read your funny comments back to all the people that would have left something.

    I am sorry, I hope he is doing better and they can figure out what it is. Christine is right, they are resilliant and he'll be fine! Post when you know something please!

     
  • At Thursday, October 12, 2006 5:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Norman, I hope all is well. I'll be thinking about you.

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com