Wednesday, December 07, 2005
Yet another gripe from...me
Yes. I am still griping. But maybe this will be a happy gripe for some of you.

Your government, truly cares about energy conservation. Really. Wanna know how I know? I know. I really do.

The President has signed an order, directing federal entities to find ways to reduce energy by 10%. My employer, has found a way to do this.

On the coldest day of the year (today), when it was a mere TWO degrees (no lie ya'll, check the weather pages for Amarillo!), they confiscated... our government-issued personal heaters.

Yes folks... we can no longer have personal heaters in our offices. Now - before you go laughing at me, remember - it is TWO DEGREES outside, plus... the wind was gusting up to 25mph. Just frickin' cold.

Our buildings, are quite old (pre WWII ) and not conducive to maintaining heat. Not to mention the draft and seeping cold pockets in my building.

So they took our space heaters from us - which were sorely needed. BUT!!!! They did issue us blankets to use while we work. Wasn't that sweet of them? I sat in my office for 8 hours today, wrapped in a blanket, and did my best to be productive.

So, in order to contribute to the conservation of energy... I, Norman, freeze my ass off at work.

I am an American... and I am proud.

God Bless ya!

Norm!
 
posted by Norman at 3:24 PM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At Wednesday, December 07, 2005 4:48:00 PM, Blogger pack of 2

    That is so unbelievable!

    Can't wait until 2008..my cat could do a better job running the country!

    Sorry to hear that...I don't blame you for being pissed off.

    Shelly

     
  • At Wednesday, December 07, 2005 6:00:00 PM, Blogger Michael

    That ain't right.

    Take Care
    Michael

     
  • At Thursday, December 08, 2005 7:39:00 AM, Blogger Tammy

    Our office is like that too. "No heaters, but we are going to put new chillers in!"

     
  • At Thursday, December 08, 2005 6:19:00 PM, Blogger Nicki

    I have a personal heater in my office.

    Let someone try and take it away.

    I also love when they come into my office when I have it on and say, "Are you cold?"

    No, I just have my heater on for shits and giggles.

    Sheesh.

     
  • At Thursday, December 08, 2005 6:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    NORM!!!!!
    may i, SAM I AM, please respond to susie and any one else that didnt think you were a girl.
    she is not... she is a fully grown woman. she has the brains, the looks, and the personality to go with the package.
    although, as we say down here where i am from "she does have a mouth on her," and if you ever play roulette with her and she hits "24" watch out for that fucking left hook!!!!!

     
  • At Thursday, December 08, 2005 7:15:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    ROFLMAO!!! It was the right hook. I hit ya with a right hook, followed by a sucker punch with the left...

    and no. that kind of shit never happened when Clinton was Pres... he was too busy generating his own kinda heat in the oval office to worry about a space heater. (hee.... he DID have his own 'personal heater' but it got taken away from him by L. Tripp!)

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com